What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your AmeriGas Bill
AmeriGas has been in business for more than a half century and is one of the largest suppliers of propane. The gas company services approximately 1.3 million customers across the United States. AmeriGas not only provides services for residential customers, they also provide service for businesses and commercial industries. AmeriGas has a strong commitment to the community by providing exceptional customer service and low-cost products.
How to Pay the Bill
AmeriGas offers multiple ways for customers to pay your bill. The available methods include online payments, mail payments, phone payments and automatic deductions.
Pay by mail: Customers can mail your AmeriGas bill payment to:
P.O. Box 371473
Pittsburgh, PA 15250
P.O. Box 7155
Pasadena, CA 91109
P.O. Box 660288
Dallas, TX 75266-0288
P.O. Box 140
Palatine, IL 60055
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your AmeriGas bill by calling 1-866-243-5470. Acceptable methods of payment include electronic check, credit and debit cards. The service is free.
Automatic payment: Customers can pay your AmeriGas bill by having the funds automatically deducted from your checking or savings account.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
At time customers have questions about the fees on a monthly billing statement or account, including late payment fees, enrollment fees, restocking fees and hazmat fees. We recommend visiting the Amerigas FAQs page for fee information. You can call customer service at 1-866-243-5470 for additional information regarding your billing statement or account.
How the Penalty Fees Work
AmeriGas assesses several fees to customers. Certain fees are assessed on a monthly basis, while other fees are applicable on a per instance basis. The fees include late payment fees, service charges, enrollment fee, disconnection fees and hazardous material fees.
- Fuel recovery fee – AmeriGas charges $7.68 on a monthly basis to cover the expenses of fueling its fleet of trucks.
- Hazmat fee –This fee is assessed on a monthly basis and covers the transportation of hazardous materials. The fee is $9.69.
- Late payment – When AmeriGas receives your payment past the due date, they charge you a fee equivalent to 1.5% of the past due amount.
- Disconnection – In the event you cancel your contract of your service is terminated, AmeriGas charges you a fee of $100.
- Service charge – When a technician visits you residence for service, AmeriGas charges a fee of $55.
- Restocking charge – AmeriGas charges customers a fee of $120 when they deliver propane with a truck that is filled under the required capacity, as established by law.
- Enrollment fees – AmeriGas offers several payment options that allow customers to receive a reduced price. The enrollment fees for special pricing range from $18.95 to $112 per year.
I Can’t Make a Payment
AmeriGas offers several payment plans for customers who can’t pay your bill. The available plans include:
- Payment Protection Plan
If AmeriGas supplies your home with gas for heating or cooling purposes, you may qualify for the LIHEAP home energy assistance program. LIHEAP provides federal funds to persons and families who meet income guidelines.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
What was your experience dealing with AmeriGas? Did the company help you when you can’t pay your bill? Share your experience with us so customers just like you can receive assistance when they need it the most.