What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Arizona American Water Bill
Arizona American Water is a water company that services more than 317,000 customers throughout Arizona. The major counties serviced include Santa Cruz County, Maricopa County and Mohave County. The company strives for excellence with the products and services it provides to its customers.
How to Pay the Bill
Arizona American Water offers several convenient methods for customers to pay your bill, whether it be online, in person, by mail or by phone.
Pay online: Customers can pay your Arizona American Water bill online by visiting https://wss.amwater.com/selfservice-web/ss_login2.do. Acceptable methods of payment include credit cards and debit cards.
Automatic deduction: Customers can pay your Arizona American Water bill by having the funds automatically deducted from your checking or savings account.
Pay by phone: Customers can call 1-866-271-5522 to pay your Arizona American Water bill by phone. A convenience fee is assessed to the customer’s bill when paying by phone.
Alternative locations: Arizona American Water provides a list of alternative locations on the website where customers can visit to pay your bill.
Pay by mail: Customers can send your Arizona American Water bill to:
Arizona American Water
15626 N. Del Webb Blvd.
Sun City, AZ 85351
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Have you noticed fees on your Arizona American Water billing statement or account such as late payment fees, connection fees, insufficient fund fees or one-time security deposits that do not make sense to you? If this is the case, we recommend you visit the Arizona American Water customer resource page. For additional information regarding your billing statement or account, contact customer service at 1-866-271-5522.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Customers should be aware of the penalty fees associated with Arizona American Water. The company charges fees, including, late payment fees, connection and disconnection, insufficient funds and security deposits.
- Late payment – Arizona American Water charges a late payment fee of 1.5% of past due balances. This fee is assessed when payment is received after the 25 day grace period.
- Connection – Arizona American Water charges customers a fee of $30 to connect service during regular business hours. After hours charges are $40.
- Reconnection – In the event your service is disconnected, Arizona American Water charges $30 to reconnect service during regular business hours and $40 after regular business hours.
- Disconnection – Arizona American Water charges customers $25 to terminate their service.
- Insufficient funds – When a payment is returned for insufficient funds, Arizona American Water charges $10.
- Security deposit – residential customers are charged twice the amount of their average Arizona American Water bill.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Arizona American Water offers several options for customers that can’t pay your bill. Payment arrangements and H2O Help to Others Program are sponsored by Arizona American Water.
- Payment arrangements – Customers must call customers service at 1-800-383-0834 and apply for the service. When the customer is accepted in the program, you must pay a minimum of 25% of the past due balance and the remainder in installments.
- H2O Help to Others – This program is designed for low-income customers. The program reduces the monthly amount of your bill. The requirements of the program include household income limitations and a member of the household being older than 65 years old.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
When you needed help the most with paying your Arizona American Water bill, did they help? Leave us a comment below sharing your positive or negative experiences.