What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Baltimore Gas and Electric Bill
Baltimore Gas and Electric is an energy company that services approximately 1.2 million electric customers and 650,000 gas customers. The area Your Baltimore Gas and Electric covers consists of nine central Maryland counties. Baltimore Gas and Electric is the nation’s first gas utility company, starting operations in 1816.
How to Pay Your Bill
Pay online via website: Customers can pay your Baltimore Gas and Electric bill online by visiting http://www.bge.com/myaccount/waystopay/Pages/Online-and-Auto-Payment.aspx.
Pay online via myCheckfree: You can pay your Baltimore Gas and Electric by using the free service myCheckfree.com. You simply sign-up for the service, sign-in and pay your Baltimore Gas and Electric bill.
Pay online via Speedpay: This third-party service charges a fee of $1.65 per instance and commercial customers are charged a fee of 3.2% of the mount they are paying.
Pay by phone: You can pay your bill over the phone by calling 1-888-232-0088. Payments are accepted in the form of debit cards, credit cards or check by phone.
Automatic payment plan: This service allows your monthly payment to be deducted from your savings or checking account on a monthly basis. The process requires you to mail in a completed application and a blank voided check.
Pay by mail: You can send your payment by mail to:
P.O. Box 13070
Philadelphia, PA 19101-3070
Payments are accepted in the form of check or money order. Baltimore Gas and Electric requests you do not send cash.
Pay in person: You can pay your bill in person at two convenient locations:
- America’s Cash Express: There is a $1.50 fee associated with payments. On-time, past due and turn off notices can be paid at America’s Cash Express. Visit the locations portion of the website for the location near you.
- Global Express: You can pay your Baltimore Gas and Electric bill at local Global Express’s. There is a $1.25 fee associated with your payment. Call 1-800-989-6669 for the Global Express near you.
Questions About Your Billing Statement and Account?
Baltimore Gas and Electric offers a Questions and Answers page with basic information about the company, but fees are not discussed. The customer service phone number for more information on fees is 1-800-685-0123.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Baltimore Gas and Electric charges fees for late payments, returned checks and even charges customers a security deposit.
- Late payment fee: The late payment fee is 1.5% of the total monthly bill. An additional 1.5% is charged to any remaining balance. In the event the mount is still not paid in full, Baltimore Gas and Electric charges an additional 2% fee.
- Returned check fee: In the event you make a payment by check and the check is returned, Baltimore Gas and Electric charges a fee of $15. This amount is added to the next bill in the cycle.
- Customer deposits: Your deposit depends on the laws set forth by the Commission. The standard fee is no less than $5 and no more than 2/12 of the average cost of residential service.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Baltimore Gas and Electric offers several options for customers that cannot pay their bill in a timely manner. When we called customer service at 1-800-685-0123, the representative directed us to various assistance programs.
- Electric Universal Program (EUSP)
- Maryland Energy Assistance Program (MEAP)
- Utility Service Protection Program (USPP)
- Customer Assistance Maintenance Program (CAMP)
- Limited income Energy Efficiency Program
- Fuel Fund of Maryland
- 2-1-1 Maryland
- LIHEAP home energy assistance program
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did Your Baltimore Gas and Electric provide you with excellent customer service when you needed help paying your overdue gas bill? Let us know how the company worked for you.