What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Cable One Bill
Cable One is a cable company providing television, Internet and telephone services for more than 700,000 customers. The company is a subsidiary of the Washington Post company in Washington, DC, but the headquarters for Cable One is in Phoenix, AZ. Offices are staffed with local residents and the company prides itself on:
- Free same-day service
- 24 hour technical support
- Being one of the 5 Best Place to Work in Cable TV
How to Pay a Bill
Pay online: You can pay your Cable One bill online after registering for a customer account. Registration is free, but you will need your account number to complete registration. Customers can register at https://mysignup.cableone.net/.
Pay by phone: Phone payments are accepted at 1-877-692-2253. Credit cards are the only form of payment accepted by phone. Cards must be Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover.
Pay in person: There are multiple payment locations to make Cable One payments in person. Customers must search for local payment locations using their home zip code.
Pay automatically: Cable One Easy Pay is a free service for Cable One customers. The free service allows customers to sign up with a bank account or credit card for automatic monthly billing. Bill totals are debited from the payment method entered during set-up. You must register for an online account before signing up for automatic payments.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Customers have the right to question fees as they appear on their Cable One bill. The Billing FAQs explains franchise fees and mentions penalty fees. However, the fastest means of getting an answer about your bill today is through the customer service department at 1-877-692-2253.
How the Penalty Fees Work
- Late payment fees: Cable One will assess a late payment fee of $4.50 if your bill is not paid in full by the due date. On the 41st day after the due date if you bill is still not paid in full, Cable One will assess another $2.00 charge and your service can be terminated.
- Home collection: If a customer service representative visits your home in an attempt to collect bill payment, Cable One may assess a collection charge.
- Disconnection: If your service is disconnected for non-payment, Cable One may add a disconnection fee onto your total amount due.
- Early termination: If you have a service contract with Cable One and service is interrupted for non-payment, Cable One may charge you an early termination fee for ending the contract early.
I Can’t Make a Payment
When we called customer service, they told us a payment plan was available for customers with a past due balance. The payment plan details are not available unless you have a current account with Cable One. The customer service representative urged customers to call as soon as they know they will not have the money to pay the bill to prevent late charges and bad “marks” on the account. Customer service can be reached at 1-877-692-2253.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did Cable One work with you to pay your pas due bill? We’d love to hear your story and pass along any tips to other customers facing a past due Cable One bill.