champion-energy bills

Champion Energy Bill

What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Champion Energy Bill

Champion Energy is in business for the customer. Having started in Houston, Texas, Champion Energy quickly expanded into Pennsylvania and Illinois. The electric company has plans to expand nationwide. The main mission of Champion Energy is to provide excellent customer service and a low-cost energy alternative.

How to Pay the Bill

Champion Energy offers several traditional and non-traditional methods for customers to pay your bill. The company offers services, including, online payments, cash payment, mail payments, phone payments and automatic deductions.

Pay online: Customers can pay your Champion Energy bill online by visiting https://champion.isigma.net/sigma/extportal/?connectName=SigmaCPN. The service is free for customers residing in Illinois and Texas. Pennsylvania customers incur a small convenience fee.

Automatic payments: Customers can pay your Champion Energy bill by having the funds deducted from your credit card, debit card, checking or savings account. The service is free for customers that reside in Texas. Customers that reside in Pennsylvania and Illinois are charged a small convenience fee.

Pay by mail: Customers can pay your Champion Energy bill by mailing payments to:

Champion Energy Services
P.O. Box 4190
Houston, TX 77210-4190

Pay by phone: Customers can pay your Champion Energy bill by calling 1-866-680-5502. Acceptable methods of payment include credit and debit cards. There is a $3.95 service fee added to your payment.

Ace Cash Express: This third-party pay station accepts Champion Energy bill payments. Acceptable methods of payment include cash and debit cards. A service fee may apply to your payment.

Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?

If you want more information on the fees, fixed rate services or deregulated electric charges assessed by Champion Energy, the Frequently Asked Questions page may answer those questions. Customer service is available at 1-877-653-5090 (Texas), 1-888-653-0087 (Illinois) or 1-877-404-0842 (Pennsylvania) for more information.

How the Penalty Fees Work

When we spoke to the customer service representative, they were extremely helpful when we asked about the fees assessed by Champion Energy. The majority of the fees are one-time and non-recurring.

  • Late payments – Customers that make your Champion Energy bill payment past the established due date incur a late payment fee of 5% of the past due amount.
  • Insufficient funds – When payment returns to the bank for insufficient funds, Champion Energy charges customers a fee of $35.
  • Security deposit – Champion Energy charges security deposits based upon the customer’s credit worthiness. The typical security deposit amount is $50. If the customer is low-income or aged 65 or older, they have the ability to pay the security deposit in installments.
  • Reconnection – When service is reconnected, Champion Energy charges a fee ranging from $10 to $224, depending on the time and date.
  • Disconnection – When service is terminated, Champion Energy charges customers a fee of $65.

I Can’t Make a Payment

Champion Energy offers company-sponsored and federally-funded assistance programs for customers that can’t pay your bill.

  • Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs – Qualified low-income customers receive assistance if they are currently receiving public assistance, including, SSI, TANF, Medicaid or food stamps. The total household income must be at least 125% of the federal poverty level. The Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs may help you learn how to qualify for energy assistance with LIHEAP. LIHEAP is a federally-funded, low-income energy assistance program.
  • Payment arrangements – Customers that can’t pay your Champion Energy bill must call 1-866-680-5502 and speak to a customer service representative prior to a termination notice. If you are eligible, you pay only 25% of your Champion Energy bill. The remaining 75% is placed on a three month payment plan.

Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?

When your needed assistance the most, did Champion Energy help you pay your bill? Leave us a comment and share your thoughts.

One comment on “Champion Energy Bill
  1. i paid my bill on line on 11/09/12.
    pehaps because is the first time the payment didn t go through.
    today i tryed to register to pay bill on line and my account # couldn t be found.
    i called the # today, 11/23/12 and the office is closed.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *