What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Charter Communications Bill
Charter Communications is a cable company that offers Internet, television, phone and bundled packages for customers in covered service areas. Many of the bundled services are offered at reduced prices for the first 6 to 12 months with regular prices resuming after the end of the promotional period.
How to Pay the Bill
Many of the payment options offered by Charter Communications requires the customer sign-up for an online account.
- Pay online: Charter Communications customers must sign-up for an online account if you want to https://www.myaccount.charter.com/order/login.aspx.
- Pay automatically: Automatic payments will be deducted from your bank account, credit card or debit card on the day the payment is due. You must sign-up for the service via your online account.
- Pay by phone (automated): Phone payments can be made by calling 1-888-438-2427. This is an automated service with no service fee.
- Pay by phone (customer service): Customer service can also help customers make a payment for a service charge of $1.99. Customers simply call 1-888-438-2427 and follow the prompts to request customer service from an agent.
- Pay by Western Union: Western Union Convenience Pay will accept payments for Charter Communications bills. The customer must have the 16-digit account number to make payment. A fee is charged by Western Union for this service.
- Pay by mail: Charter Communications bills can be paid by mail, but the mailing address depends on your current location. Visit http://www.myaccount.charter.com/customers/support.aspx?supportarticleid=1342#mailing and scroll to the Charter Mailing Address section to find your current payment address.
- Pay in person: Local Charter Communications sales offices are available during normal business hours to take bill payments.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Many customers have questions about fees and other billing charges on their Charter Communications bill. You can read through the Taxes and Fees section of the FAQs page for detailed information on returned check fees and phone late payment fees. Customer service is available to answer any additional questions at 1-888-438-2427.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Charter Communications may require a security deposit when service is set-up. A late payment charge is applied to any bill that is paid after the due date, but the late payment amount depends on your current area and may be determined by the services you currently have with Charter Communications.
- Insufficient funds fee: If your payment is returned for insufficient funds, Charter Communications will charge your account $25. This fee is in addition to any fees charged by your bank.
- Phone late payment fee: Charter customers pay a 1.5% fee if phone payments are late. North Carolina residents pay a 1% fee. The fee is listed as a Phone Processing Fee on the monthly bill.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Charter Communications customer service would not reveal any payment arrangement options and none were listed online. We assume Charter Communications offers help for customers who cannot pay their bill, but information is only available to customers with a current Charter Communications account.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
We’d love to hear your stories. Did Charter Communications work with you to resolve an overdue bill?