What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Chattanooga Gas Bill
Chattanooga Gas is a natural gas company with roots in the heart of Tennessee. As a subsidiary of AGL Resources, Chattanooga Gas primarily services the more than 60,000 residents of Bradley and Hamilton County. Additional service areas include Chattanooga, Signal and Lookout Mountain, East Ridge, Red bank and Cleveland. Chattanooga Gas has a strong commitment to the communities it serves.
How to Pay the Bill
Chattanooga Gas provides its customers with several options to pay your bill, either online, in person, by phone, by mail or at third-party locations.
Pay online: Customers can pay your Chattanooga Gas bill online by visiting https://csp.aglr.com/selfservice/csp/login.aspx. Acceptable methods of payment include credit cards, debit cards and electronic checks. The service is free to residential customers.
Automatic payment: Customers can pay your Chattanooga Gas bill by having the funds directly deducted from your checking or savings account. The service is free to residential customers.
Pay by mail: Customers can pay your Chattanooga Gas bill by mailing payments to:
P.O. Box 59004
Knoxville, TN 37950-9004
Pay in person: Customers can pay your Chattanooga Gas bill by visiting a convenient location. Chattanooga Gas provides a complete list of locations on the website. A convenience fee is assessed to your Chattanooga Gas bill when making payments in person.
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your Chattanooga Gas bill by calling 1-866-448-8557. The service is provided by Western Union SpeedPay. Acceptable methods of payment include credit cards, debit cards and electronic checks. There is a convenience fee assessed to your payment when using this service.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
You may have noticed charges on your Chattanooga Gas billing statement or account that were not present prior to the current month. Charges like these can be investigated by visiting the Chattanooga Gas customer resource page. Customers that want further explanation should contact customer service at 1-866-448-8557.
How the Penalty Fees Work
When we spoke to the Chattanooga Gas customer service representative, they informed us that the company charges customers fees, including, late payment fees, security deposits, returned check fees as connection fees.
- Late payment – When your Chattanooga Gas bill is paid past the established due date, the company charges you a fee of 5% of the past due amount.
- Security deposit – The security deposit charged to customers is equivalent to two months of service.
- Connection – When your account is terminated, Chattanooga Gas charges a fee of $50 to reconnect service.
- Returned checks – When banks return your check for insufficient funds, Chattanooga Gas charges you a fee of $20 per instance.
I Can’t Make a Payment
With such a strong commitment to the community, Chattanooga Gas provides options for customers that can’t pay your bill.
- United Way – The United Way sponsors programs designed to assist low-income customers of Chattanooga Gas. The programs include First Call for Help, Human Services, Metropolitan Ministries, The Salvation Army and the Hamilton County Social Services.
- LIHEAP – This federally-funded program assists qualified low-income customers with your energy bill. You must apply for assistance on a yearly basis. According to LIHEAP guidelines, you must use gas to heat or cool the home to qualify. Learn more about how to qualify for energy assistance with LIHEAP.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did Chattanooga Gas exceed your expectations when you needed them the most? Share your thoughts on the assistance your received to pay your Chattanooga Gas bill.