city-of-wichita bills

City of Wichita Bill

What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your City of Wichita Water Bill

The City of Wichita, Kansas offers water services to customers living in Wichita. The city runs the water department so payments are processed by the city and all fees and service charges are the same across all city services. Customers with questions about the City of Wichita water department can contact customer service at 1-316-265-1300.

How to Pay the Bill

If you are a customer of the City of Wichita water, you can pay your bill online or by mail, among other helpful payment methods.

Pay online: Aside from mail payments, the online payment option is one of the most used across all utilities. You can pay your City of Wichita water bill online at

Pay with EZ Pay: You can sign up for the EZ Pay program to have your bills deducted from your bank account each month. This service is FREE, but you must have the total amount due available in your bank account when payment is deducted to prevent returned payment fees. Fill out the enrollment form and send the form to:

City of Wichita Water
455 N Main St, 8th Floor
Wichita, KS 67202

Pay by mail: Your City of Wichita Water bill can be mailed to the address listed on your bill, or you can choose to address your payment to:

City of Wichita Water
455 N mail St, 8th Floor
Wichita, KS 67202

Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?

If you have questions about your City of Wichita water bill, you can read through the FAQS section. Rates and fees are not listed on this page, but answers are provided about basic water service. Contact the customer service department at 1-316-265-1300 for more information.

How the Penalty Fees Work

Penalty fees for the City of Wichita include late payment fees and returned payment fees. There are likely additional fees associated with non-payment, but those are not easily located on the city website.

  • Late payment fee: As listed on the bill image on the City of Wichita website, the city charges a 1.5% late payment fee each month your payment is late. If there is a rollover amount, the fee will be charged again the following month.
  • Returned payment fee: Customers paying by check or EZ Pay will be charged a $30 fee if payment is returned for insufficient funds.

I Can’t Make a Payment

You need to contact customer service at 1-316-265-1300 if you cannot pay your bill. Most customers avoid contacting customer service, but the company cannot help if they don’t know you are experiencing financial problems. Avoiding the bill will only lead to late payment charges, collection charges and possible disconnection.

Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?

Did the City of Wichita work with you to pay off your overdue bill in small payments? Tell us your City of Wichita story.

One comment on “City of Wichita Bill
  1. Thanks , I have just been searching for info about this subject for
    a long time and yours is the greatest I have discovered
    so far. However, what about the bottom line? Are
    you certain in regards to the supply?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *