What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Connecticut Natural Gas Bill
Connecticut Natural Gas is a gas company providing natural gas to customers in Connecticut for more than 150 years. The company serves 22 towns in and around Hartford with more than 150,000 customers.
How to Pay the Bill
Connecticut Natural Gas offers various payment options as a convenience to customers, but not all post payments quickly enough to prevent disconnection. Customers should call 1-860-524-8361 if they need immediate help.
Pay by mail: Mail personal check and money order payments to:
Connecticut Natural Gas
PO Box 11750
Newark, NJ 07101-4750
Pay online: You can pay your Connecticut Natural Gas bill online at https://secure3.i-doxs.net/cng/. You’ll need a User ID and password, so registration is required before making payment. Have your 10-digit account number handy when enrolling.
Make a one-time payment: If you don’t want to register for an online account, visit https://secure3.i-doxs.net/cng/OneTime_Add.asp?m=1 to make a one-time payment. You must have the account number and credit card, debit card or checking account information ready when making payment. You have the option of making a payment immediately or scheduling a payment in the future. When you choose your payment type, the submit button will appear at the bottom of the page.
Payment Locations: Connecticut Natural Gas offers various Payment Locations.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Have you noticed fees on you Connecticut Natural Gas billing statement or account that were not present the month prior and you do not understand? If so, we recommend you review the Connecticut Natural Gas residential resource page. If there is information not present of this page, contact customer service at 1-860-727-3034.
How the Penalty Fees Work
If you can’t pay your Connecticut Natural Gas bill, you will likely be charged penalty fees.
- Reconnect fee: $20 per instance.
- Reconnect fee (meter removed): $64 per instance.
- Returned payment fee: $19.50 per instance. Will appear on the following month’s bill.
- Late payment fee: There is a late payment fee assessed by Connecticut Natural Gas. The amount is not disclosed, but the company will allow a three day grace period before charging the account.
I Can’t Make a Payment
- Matching Payment Plan: Customers must apply for the Matching Payment Plan program. Contact 1-860-727-3034 or 2-1-1 to find out more about the program. Energy assistance will pay 1/3 of your bill and Connecticut Natural Gas will pay another 1/3. You are responsible for about 1/3 of the total gas charges each month.
- Energy Assistance Program: Connecticut offers and energy assistance program for qualified residents with limited income. Call 2-1-1 for more information on the program.
- Payment Arrangements: Customer service is ready and willing to work with you on a payment plan. Customers must call 1-860-727-3034 to discuss the account. All calls are confidential.
- LIHEAP: Connecticut Natural Gas customers who use gas to heat or cool the home and meet federal income guidelines may qualify for energy assistance from LIHEAP. Learn more about how to qualify for energy assistance with LIHEAP.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Located in the far northeast United States, Connecticut feels all four seasons. Winters are cold and energy bills can skyrocket in just one month, especially in older homes with poor insulation. Did Connecticut Natural Gas work with you to pay off an overdue bill?