What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your CoServ Bill
CoServ is an electric company serving the people in and around Dallas, Texas. The cooperative offers:
- Longer payment time frames
- Community charity
- Home energy audits
How to Pay a Bill
Pay automatically: Register for an online account and signup for the automatic payment option. Customer bills will be debited from the account entered during registration on the due date each month.
Pay by mail: Customers can send personal check or money order payments to:
PO Box 650785
Dallas, TX 75265-0785
Pay in person: In person payments are accepted at 7701 S Stemmons. The office is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday. There is an overnight drop box for after hours payment.
Pay online (your bank): If you bank offers bill payment, simply send payments to the mailing address directly from your bank.
Pay online (CoServ): You can pay your CoServ bill online through Bill Matrix at https://payments.billmatrix.com/CoServ/Welcome.asp. There is a service fee of $3.95 per transaction. Customers can only pay $700 per transaction. You must have your CoServ bill available for payment.
Pay by phone: Call 1-800-807-3891 to make payments by phone. This service is provided by Bill Matrix and the same $3.95 service charge will apply.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Service charges or fees such as late payment charges, security deposits, returned check fees or connection fees can appear on your monthly CoServ billing statement or account, but may need explaining. If you need the terms explained, you should visit the CoServ Customer Resource Page. For additional information regarding your account, we recommend calling customer service at 1-800-274-4014.
How the Penalty Fees Work
CoServ charges customers fees if they do not remit payment by the due date listed on the service bill.
- Late payment fee: A late payment fee of 5% of the amount past due. This is a one-time fee, if a portion of your past due balance rolls over to another month, you will not be charged the 5% fee on the rollover portion of the bill.
- Deposit: Many customers will be responsible for a security deposit when starting service with CoServ. The deposit can be no more than 1/6 the total annual utility bill.
- Termination deposit: If a customer receives regular suspension or termination notices, CoServ may charge an additional deposit.
- Returned check fee: Customers will be charged a fee of $25 for each returned check. This fee is charged in addition to any fees your bank may assess.
- Reconnect fee: A reconnect fee of $100 will be charged if service is disconnected for non-payment.
I Can’t Make a Payment
There are no payment plan options listed on the CoServ website. The cooperative will work with customers to set up a payment plan for past due bills, according to customer service. Customers must call 1-940-321-7800 or 1-800-274-4014 to see if your account qualifies for a payment plan.
- Lenient billing: CoServ allows 47 days from the time a bill is sent until service is interrupted. This extra payment time is there to help customers having trouble making payments on-time.
- Frisco Family Services: Local service offering benefits for low-income families. Contact 1-972-335-9495 for information on how the service can help your family.
- LIHEAP: With proper income documentation, you may qualify for the LIHEAP Home Energy Assistance Program. The program is designed to provide 12 months of energy bill support before applicants must reapply. There are income guidelines for qualification.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
CoServ offers one of the longest payment time frames in the electric company market. In addition, the company will not shut-off electricity when temperatures drop below 40 degrees (most companies set the mark at 32 degrees.) Tell us how CoServ helped you.