What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your CSEB Bill
CSEB, Chattisgarh State Power Distribution Company Limited, is a government controlled electric company started in the early 21st century. The mission of the company is to provide excellent customer service while keeping prices low. The majority of the millions serviced by CSEB live in rural or forest covered areas making delivery difficult. The company is planning to expand operation in order to provide electricity to more customers.
How to Pay the Bill
CSEB provides several services for customers to pay your bill. The methods are separated into the two available types of connection, high tension and low tension. The available payment methods include online payments, cash collection centers, ATP collection centers and payment through ATM’s.
Pay online: Customers can pay your CSEB bill online by visiting http://www.cseb.gov.in/cspdcl/billing/PayBillonline.htm. Acceptable methods of payment include credit and debit cars.
Pay by mail: Customers can pay your CSEB bill by mailing payments to:
c/o The Chief Engineer (EITC)
Energy Info Tech Centre
Daganiya, Raipur (CG)
Pin – 492013
ATM payments: Customers can pay your CSEB bill by depositing funds at local State Bank of India locations.
ATP collection centers: Customers can pay your CSEB bill at ATP, Any Time Bill Payment, locations through the city. The centers are located in Raipur, Bhilai, Durg, Rajnandgaon, Kawardha, Jagdalpur, Bilaspur, Champa, Raigarh and Korba.
Cash collection: Customers can pay your CSEB bill at cash collection centers located in Raipur. The businesses are located on the CSEB campus and the City divisional office.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
CSEB offers several published documents outlining rates, tariffs, fees and payment options. Documents are available via the Consumer Information page. Additional information on billing related issues can be answered by customer service at 0771-2574449.
How the Penalty Fees Work
CSEB charges a variety of fees, including, security deposits, late payment fee, connection fees, disconnection fees and a fee for using more electricity as outlined in your rate plan.
- Security deposit – CSEB charges customers a security deposit equivalent to 50% of your estimated electrical usage. The security deposit must be paid prior of initiation of service.
- Usage outside of rate – CSEB charges customers an additional charge when you use more electricity than your plan allows. Using electricity during evening hours increases your rate by 130%. During off-peak hours increases your rate by 85%.
- Late payment – When CSEB receives your payment past the due date, you are charged a 1.5% late fee. This amount is assessed to the past due amount and added to your current charges.
- Connection – When service is started, CSEB charges customers Rs. 25 for low-tension connection and Rs. 250 for high-tension connection.
- Disconnection – When service is terminated, CSEB charges customers between Rs. 60 and Rs. 2500.
I Can’t Make a Payment
If you can’t make your CSEB payment, contact customer service immediately to avoid late payment charges. If your service is terminated, you will be charged a late payment fee and a disconnect fee. You may have to pay all fees and past due charges before reconnection.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
What was your experience dealing with CSEB? Did they help you pay your bill? We want to hear from customers just like you. Share your positive or negative experiences with us below.