What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Denton Electric Bill
Denton Electric is a wholly owned electric company servicing the residents of Denton, TX for more than 100 years. The North Texas electric company offers some of the lowest rates in the entire state and also offers assistance to customers that have difficulty paying their Denton Electric bill.
How to Pay the Bill
Pay online: Customers can pay your Denton Electric bill online by visiting https://www1.cityofdenton.com/UtilityBilling/. Online payments are made either with your debit card or a credit card. There is no convenience fees associated with online payments. Making a payment after 5 pm will post on the next business day
Pay by mail: You can mail your Denton Electric payments to:
City of Denton Utilities
P.O. Box 660150
Dallas, TX 75266-0150
Automatic bill pay: Denton Electric offers automatic bill pay for customer that want their payment deducted directly from their checking or savings account on a monthly basis.
Pay in person: Denton Electric offers one location for customers to pay their bill in person. The office is located at:
601 E Hickory St.
Denton, TX 76201
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
There is no FAQs section on the Denton Electric website, but there is a Rates and Tariffs document that lists fees, including delinquent fees and connection charges. Specific questions can be addressed by customer service at 1-940-349-2012.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Denton Electric charges fees associated with late payments, insufficient funds, disconnection and reconnection. Select customers are charged a security deposit.
- Security deposit – The customer service representative we spoke to did not disclose the specific amount of the security deposit, but informed us that the amount depends on the customer.
- Insufficient funds – When you make a payment and the check is returned for insufficient funds, Denton Electric charges a fee of $25 per occurrence.
- Disconnection – When you Denton Electric service is scheduled to be disconnected, you will be assessed a $25 fee. This amount is applied to any unpaid balance.
- Reconnection – When your Denton Electric service is reconnected after being disconnected, you are charged a fee of $25. This amount is added to any unpaid balance.
Authorized convenience centers charge an additional fee of $3 per occurrence.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Denton Electric offers a service for customers that have difficulty paying their bill. When we spoke to customer service, they informed us the first thing customers must do is call customer service at 1-940-349-8700 to set-up a payment arrangement. Denton Electric also provides the P-L-U-S One service as well as LIHEAP for less fortunate customers.
- P-L-U-S One – This assistance program is available in the summer and winter months and is designed to help customers in the local community.
- LIHEAP home energy assistance program – This federally-funded assistance program is available for the winter months. The application process stops in the early part of the year, with funds dispersed between November and March.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill
We want to hear from customers just like you regarding your experience with Denton Electric. Did they offer excellent customer service? What did the utility company do to help you pay your bill?