What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Dominion Gas Bill
Dominion Gas is one of the largest gas companies in the nation. The company provides service to hundreds of thousands of customers in more than 15 states.
How to Pay Your Bill
Pay online: Customers can pay your Dominion Gas bill online by visiting https://payments.billmatrix.com/DominionWeb/Welcome.asp?pass=DOMEG36634. The service is free. You will need to sign up and log into your account.
Pay automatically: You can have your Dominion Gas bill automatically deducted from your checking or savings account on a monthly basis. The service is free.
Pay by phone: You can pay your Dominion Gas bill by phone by calling 1-800-573-1153. Acceptable forms of payment include electronic check, credit card and debit card. A convenience fee is assessed per occurrence.
Pay by mail: You can mail your payment to:
Dominion East Ohio
P.O. Box 26785
Richmond, VA 23261-6785
Pay stations: Customers can pay their Dominion Gas at an authorized pay station by visiting a location near you. A convenience fee is applied for every transaction.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Rate and fee information for Dominion Gas is dependent on the state in which you reside. You can click on the state link on the Rates and Tariffs page to find information. Gas services are available in West Virginia and Ohio only. Customer service is available at 1-800-688-4673 in West Virginia and 1-800-362-7557 in Ohio.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Dominion Gas charges fees for late payment and an early termination fee. We asked customer service if there were any other fees associated with Dominion Gas bills and they did not want to disclose any information.
- Early termination – Breaking your Dominion Gas contract early means being charged a fee of $75.
- Late payment – A fee of 1.5% of the total amount due is assessed to your balance.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Dominion Gas offers several programs for customers who are having a difficult time paying their bill.
- Budget payment plan – Your monthly bill is average over the previous 12 months usage.
- Budget plus – Your past due amount is divided into 12 equal parts. You are required to pay the past due amount as well the current amount.
- Current plus – You will pay your current Dominion Gas bill along with your past due bill that has been divided into six equal parts.
- One-third winter plan – Customers pay 1/3rd of their Dominion Gas bill during the months of November to April.
- One-ninth plan – Your past due amount is divided into nine equal part payable on a monthly basis.
- PIPP Plus – This program is available to income-eligible customer. You have the opportunity to pay 6% of your monthly income or $10, whichever is greater. You will need to call 1-800-282-0880 to speak to a customer serve representative and receive an application.
- Graduate PIPP Plus – This service is available to customer that no longer qualify for the PIPP program, but still need assistance paying their Dominion Gas bill.
- LIHEAP home energy assistance program - This program is available to qualified low-income customers that meet certain income guidelines. You must apply early due to limited funding.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
We want to hear from real customer like you regarding your experience with Dominion Gas and assistance with paying your bill. Did the company go above and beyond your exceptions? If they provide below standard customer service, let us know!