What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Farmers Insurance Bill
For more than 80 years, Farmers Insurance have been a leader in the insurance business. Farmers Insurance has a customer-centered focus on providing excellent products and service. The company services more than 15 million customers across 41 states. Farmers Insurance provides a wide range of companies to better service the customer, including:
- Foremost Insurance Company
- Farmers Insurance New World Life insurance Company
- The Bristol West Life Insurance Company
- The 21st Century Insurance and Financial Services Group
- The Farmers Insurance Action for Communities of Tomorrow
- Farmers Insurance Financial Solutions, LLC
How to Pay the Bill
Farmers Insurance provides several means for customers to pay your bill. You have the ability to pay your Farmers Insurance bill online, by phone, by mail or by automatic deduction. The most common methods of payment include automatic deduction from a checking or savings account, credit/debit cards, electronic checks, cash and money order. You can make payments monthly or schedule your payments two, four or six times per year.
Pay online: Customers can pay your Farmers Insurance bill online by visiting https://css.farmersinsurance.com/PLA/CSS/CSSWeb/css/reg?req_page=enrollNewReq&action=newEnroll.
Pay by mail: Customers can pay your Farmers Insurance bill by mailing payment to:
Payment Processing Center
P.O. Box 0914
Carol Stream, IL 60132-0914
P.O. Box 0913
Carol Stream, IL 60132-0913
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your Farmers Insurance bill by calling customer service at 1-888-327-6335. Acceptable methods of payment include credit cards, debit cards and electronic checks.
Automatic deduction: Customers can pay your Farmers Insurance bill by having funds deducted on a monthly basis. The minimum payment for automatic deduction is $35.
Questions ABout Your Billing Statement or Account?
If your statement contains information about the fees that you do not understand, such as late payment fees, insufficient fund fees or reinstatement fees, we recommend you visit the Farmers Insurance FAQ page. You can find out more information regarding your Farmers Insurance bill by calling customer service at 1-888-327-6335.
How the Penalty Fees Work
The fees Farmers Insurance charges customers occur on a per instance basis and do not reoccur. The most common fees include late payment fees, installment fees, insufficient funds fees and a fee for using automatic deduction. Farmers Insurance charges a security deposit in some instances based upon the creditworthiness of the customer.
- Automatic deduction – Farmers Insurance charges an installment fee of $3 for payments deducted automatically from your checking or savings account.
- Late payment – In the event your Farmers Insurance payment is late, the company charges you a fee of $25 per instance.
- Insufficient funds – Payments returned by your financial institution for insufficient funds are subject to a fee of $15. Farmers Insurance adds the $25 late fee to the insufficient funds fee.
- Reinstatement – If your Farmers Insurance policy is cancelled, you are required to pay a fee of $25 to reinstate your policy.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Farmers Insurance did not disclose whether or not they offered assistance to customers that can’t pay your bill. The customer service representative explained that customers should call 1-888-327-6335 prior to the termination of your insurance and inquire about payment arrangements.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did Farmers Insurance help you pay your bill? We want to hear from customers just like you. Leave us a comment below.