What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Ford Credit Bill
Ford Credit is an auto finance subsidiary of the Ford Motor Company. For more than 50 years, Ford Credit has provided competitive rates, reasonable terms and excellent customer service.
How to Pay the Bill
Pay online: Customers can pay your Ford Credit bill online by visiting https://www.fordcredit.com/accountmanager/amo/fcus/US/en. Payments are deducted from your checking or savings account. Credit card and debit card payments are also accepted.
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your Ford Credit bill by calling 1-800-334-1161. The payment is deducted from your checking or savings account. There is a $7.50 convenience fee for payment received by phone.
Pay by mail: Customers can send your Ford Credit bill to:
Ford Motor Credit Company LLC
One American Rd.
Dearborn, MI 48126
Payroll deduction: Customers can have your Ford Credit bill directly deducted from your payroll check. Simply complete the application and return. This service is only available for current and former government employees.
Pay stations: Customers can pay your Ford Credit bill at authorized third-party pay stations Western Union and MoneyGram.
- Western Union – Customers can call 1-800-325-6000 to find the nearest Western Union or make Ford Credit payments online at the official website. Customers will need their account information, payee information, city and state code. Western Union charges a convenience fee with each payment.
- MoneyGram – Customers can call 1-800-926-9400 to locate the nearest MoneyGram. You will need your account information, receive code, payee information, city and state code. MoneyGram charges a convenience fee with this service.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Have you noticed monthly or non-recurring fees, such as late payment charges, security deposits or maintenance fees that you do not fully understand? We suggest you visit Ford Credit customer resource page. For additional information, we recommend calling customer service at 1-800-926-9400.
How the Penalty Fees Work
When we spoke to the customer service representative, they explained the fees associated with Ford Credit. Select fees are standard, while other fees a dependent upon the terms of the customer’s contract.
- Late payment – Ford Credit charges customers a late payment fee equal to 5% of the past due amount. For commercial truck owners, the fee is 4% of the past due amount.
- Security deposit – This amount varies, depending on the details of your loan.
- Mileage - Ford Credit assesses fees for lease holders that exceed the predetermined amount of mileage according to their contract.
- Maintenance – Lease holders incur fees when they do not schedule maintenance for the vehicle.
I Can’t Make a Payment
The customer service representative did not disclose specific details regarding assistance paying your Ford Credit bill. The only program the customer service representative explained was alternative payment arrangements. Customers must call 1-800-727-7000 to speak to a customer service representative. They also explained the Flex Buy plan.
- Flex Buy – The term of the contract spans 66 months. The first 36 monthly payments are lower than traditional 60 month contract. The subsequent 30 months are gradually increased.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did you have a positive experience dealing with Ford Credit? We want you to share your experience, positive or negative, on whether or not Ford Credit helped you pay your bill.