What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your GCI Bill
GCI is a cable company based in Alaska. The company provides services to more than 90% of all residents of the state. The company is currently working on cutting edge technology to provide improved services to the rural areas of Alaska. The services available from GCI include:
- Bundled services
- Wireless Internet
- Cable/digital television
- Home phone service
How to Pay the Bill
GCI provides several methods for customers to pay your monthly bill. You have the ability to pay your GCI bill online, by mail, in-person, by phone as well as having the funds automatically deducted.
Pay online: Customers can pay your GCI bill online by visiting https://myebill.gci.com/LoginPage.aspx?ReturnURL=~%2f!Home.aspx%3faction%3doverview%26gru%3d1&gru=1. Online bill payment is free. You can make payments using your credit card or debit card.
Pay by mail: You can use the address printed on your billing statement for mail payments or address personal check or money order payments to:
GCI (Cable payments)
P.O. Box 196609
Anchorage, AK 99519-6609
GCI (Internet and residential phone)
P.O. Box 99016
Anchorage, AK 99509-9016
Pay by phone: Give customer service a call at 1-800-800-4800 to make your payment. Acceptable methods of payment include credit cards, debit cards and electronic check.
Automatic deduction: If you sign up for automatic deduction, your account balance will be pulled from your bank account each month on the due date.
Pay in person: Customers can pay your GCI bill in person by visiting convenient locations throughout the state. The complete list of GCI locations is available on the website.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Have you noticed fees and service charges that do not make sense when you receive your GCI billing statement or account? If so, we recommend you visit the GCI Customer Resource page. For additional information regarding your GCI billing statement or account, you can contact customer service at 1-800-800-4800.
How the Penalty Fees Work
GCI charges several fees on a monthly and non-recurring basis. The fees include:
- Termination – You are subject to a fee up to $2000 if equipment is not returned to GCI when you cancel your contract.
- Early termination – You are charged a fee equal to six times your average monthly bill.
- Installation – You are charged a one-time fee of $100 when you initiate service.
- Late payment – When GCI receives your payment past the due date, your are assessed a late payment fee equal to 1.5% of the past due amount or $2, whichever is greater.
I Can’t Make a Payment
When we spoke to the GCI customer service representative, they explained that the company does not have a specific program designed to assist customers that can’t pay your bill. They did explain a low-cost service to qualified low-income customers.
- Lifeline – Qualified low-income customers are eligible to receive phone service for $1. The service includes 3-way calling, call waiting, caller ID, unlimited text messaging and voice mail. In order to qualify, customers must receive public assistance from the local or state government. You can contact customer service at 1-800-800-4800 for additional details.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did GCI help you pay your bill when you were experiencing a financial hardship? We want to hear your positive and negative stories. Leave us a comment below.