What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your GEXA Energy Bill
GEXA Energy is on the fast track of the green energy movement, creating a sustainable marketplace for renewable energy. The electric company is a part of NextEra Energy Resources which operates more than 70 wind facilities across 16 states plus Canada. GEXA Energy also is leading the charge into solar energy by operating one of the largest solar fields in the world. Due to its commitment to the community, GEXA Energy provides not only affordable energy, but also provides assistance to customers that can’t pay your bills.
How to Pay the Bill
GEXA Energy provides customers with convenient methods to pay your bill. Available options include online payments, automatic deductions, phone payments, cash payments at local MoneyGram centers and payments by mail.
Pay online: Customers can your GEXA Energy bill online by visiting https://payments.billmatrix.com/GexaEnergy/Welcome.asp. GEXA Energy adds an additional $4.95 service fee to your payment. Acceptable methods of payment include credit cards, debit cards and PayPal.
Automatic deduction: Customers can pay your GEXA Energy bill by having the payments deducted directly from your checking or savings account. The service is free. The acceptable methods of payment include debit cards, credit cards and electronic check. To apply, call customer service at 1-866-961-9399.
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your GEXA Energy bill by calling 1-800-584-1225. Acceptable methods of payment include credit cards, debit cards and electronic checks. There is a $4.95 service fee added to your payment.
MoneyGram: Customers can pay your GEXA Energy with cash at convenient MoneyGram locations. To find the location near you, call 1-800-666-3947. Service fees range from $6.50 to $6.95.
Pay by mail: Customers can pay your GEXA Energy bill by sending payments to:
P.O. Box 659410
San Antonio, TX 78265-9410
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
If you have questions regarding fees such as your security deposit, late payment fees or termination fees, we recommend you visit the GEXA Energy FAQ page. You can also call GEXA Energy customer service at 1-866-961-9399.
How the Penalty Fees Work
GEXA Energy charges fees for services. The majority of the fees are one-time fees and are not recurring.
- Security deposit – Customers with a below standard credit history are required to pay a security deposit of $50. If you are a low-income customer or a senior over the age of 65, you may have the opportunity to pay your security deposit in installments.
- Late payments – Customers that pay your GEXA Energy bill past the due date incur a 5% fee on the past due amount.
- Insufficient funds – Returned payments incur a fee of $25.
- Disconnection – In the event your GEXA Energy service is disconnected, the company charges a 5% fee for the unpaid balance.
- Reconnection – When service is reconnected, GEXA Energy charges a fee of $15.
- Early termination – Due to contractual agreements, customers that terminate your contract will incur a fee of $295
I Can’t Make a Payment
- Sheltering Arms Senior Services –This service provides energy assistance for qualified low-income customers. Call 1-866-961-9399 to apply for the program.
- Deferred payment – GEXA Energy provides this service for qualified low-income customers. Call 1-866-961-9399 to enroll into the program. Upon acceptance, qualified customers are given the opportunity to pay your GEXA Energy bill over the course of four months.
- LIHEAP – If you fall within federal income guidelines, you may qualify for the LIHEAP home energy assistance program.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did GEXA Energy help you pay your bill? We want to hear from customers just like you. Leave us a comment below.