golden-state-water-company bills

Golden State Water Company Bill

What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Golden State Water Company Payment

Golden State Water Company serves a large portion of California. The customer service website offers tons of information on the water company and billing practices. Customers can access local information based on the city in which they live.

How to Pay the Bill

Pay online: You can pay your Golden State Water bill online by visiting

Pay in person: Customers are welcome to make in person payments at various locations. There are many payment center locations throughout California.

Pay by phone (Bill Matrix): Golden State Water Company does not process phone payments directly. Bill Matrix provides this service, so there is a charge associated with phone payments. Customers can use debit cards with a Star logo, Visa, Mastercard and Discover. Electronic checks are also taken by phone through Bill Matrix.

EFT: Electronic funds transfer is an auto pay program through Golden State Water Company. Customers must request an application from customer service at 1-800-999-4033 or print the application from the Payment Options page on the official website.

CheckFree: Customers can register for CheckFree, an online payment processor, instead of using Bill Matrix or EFT. The service is available online, but customers can find out more about CheckFree at 1-800-564-9184.

Pay by mail: If you’ve lost the envelope that came with your water bill, feel free to send payments by check or money order (with your account number written on the payment) to:

Golden State Water Company
PO Box 9016
San Dimas, CA 91773-9016

Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?

On your monthly Golden State Water Company billing statement or account, do you understand the charges or fees, such as late payment charges, connection charges or security deposits? If you need a detailed description of the charges and fees, we recommend visiting the Golden State Water Company Rates and Tariffs Page. You will need to utilize the drop down menu to select your city of residence. You can also find out more about your billing statement or account by calling customer service at 1-800-999-4033.

How the Penalty Fees Work

Penalty fees charged by Golden State Water Company are extremely vague, but we did find reference to a few charges that may apply if you cannot make payment.

  • Restoration charge: $25 during normal business hours. $37.50 outside of normal business hours.
  • Deposits: A deposit is required after an account has been disconnected for non-payment. The deposit is equal to two average bills.
  • Returned payment fee: $10 per instance.

I Can’t Pay My Bill

Customers must call customer service before disconnection to place a past due balance on a payment plan. Customer service can be reached at 1-800-999-4033. Agents are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. If Golden State Water Company receives a check or other form of payment returned for insufficient funds, they reserve the right to cut-off water immediately.

  • Payment arrangements: Customers can break a past due balance into smaller payments with a payment plan. This plan does not relieve current charges, however. The customer will be responsible for all past due payments in addition to current charges, so bills will remain inflated for the length of the payment arrangement. If payment is missed or a check is returned during the payment arrangement, Golden State Water Company can list the account for disconnection.
  • CARW: California Alternate Rates for Water offers an $8 monthly discount for low-income residents.

Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?

Give us a head’s up on this company. Did they work with you?

5 Comments on “Golden State Water Company Bill
  1. I had a past due balance of $298.47. My husband is out of work, so they let us pay the $298.47 over a five month period. Very helpful.

  2. I’m still out of the Country and I haven’t seen my statement of account so I just estimate my bill for this period. I hope you won’t mind if the amount was more or less than the actual bill. Thank you very much.

  3. A quien consider a esta nota quiet pasar mi bill en persona pero no tengo la direncion donde puede ir mi direncion es 1220 e.77 st Los angeles ca 90001 es huge te ya que el viernes es mi ultimo dia gardenias y Dios les bendiga Por su ayuda

  4. This company sucks and they are doing illegal business..if water is turned of the will take your meter this is stealing the water meter is your the residents the home owners…not the companys the pipes coming from the streets is there’s…not the meter so SUE if they do.this causes damage to your pipes and water heater leting air I the line can also bust some pipes….this company needs tone stopped…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *