What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Gridley Municipal Utilities Bill
The City of Gridley in California runs the Gridley Municipal Utilities department. The department controls water, sewer and electric for more than 2,000 residents of the city. The city is currently undergoing some restructuring and plans to separate utility bills for more convenient billing in the near future. Currently, payments for utilities are processed at City Hall and online.
How to Pay the Bill
You can choose from online and in person payments when it comes time to pay your bill.
Pay online: You can pay your Gridley Municipal Utilities bill online at https://cwsnet.willitscenter.com/UB/UB8000.htm?client=gri01&returnurl=http://www.gridley.ca.us. Customers must enter the customer ID as it appears on their bill to make a payment. If you’ve not registered for online account access, you must grab a copy of your bill and register before proceeding.
Pay in person: The address for Gridley Municipal Utilities is:
Gridley Municipal Utilities
685 Kentucky Street
Gridley, CA 95948
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
With combined billed, there are bound to be questions regarding billing statements and accounts from time to time. Customers can view the Master Fee Schedule for more information on fees and service charges from all city departments. Customers can also contact the utility department by calling 1-530-846-3631.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Gridley Municipal Utilities charges a ton of fees if you are late paying your utility bill. It is best to contact customer service before your bill is due if you feel you may miss your due date.
- Delivery of termination notice: $50
- Field collection of payment: $50
- Final termination notice: $50
- 15-day delinquent notice: $15
- Collection fee for outside agency: $15
- Returned payment charge: $25
- Second returned payment charge (of the same payment when submitted a second time): $10
- Non-payment deposit: Two times the highest utility bill.
I Can’t Make a Payment
With the long list of extreme penalty charges, customers need to contact the customer service department or visit the utilities department if they are unable to make a payment. The customer service phone number is 1-530-846-3631.
- Payment arrangement: If you are having trouble paying your bills you may be eligible for a payment plan. The payment plan would break down the total amount due into smaller payments, but the customer would still be responsible for current charges. There may be a down payment required before a payment arrangement is established.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
The City of Gridley offers very little information on utility bill payments. Customers who have experience with Gridley Municipal Utilities can comment below to help other customers learn more about paying off their overdue balance.