What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Horry Electric Bill
Horry Electric is a member-owned cooperative that provides energy services to 20 co-ops across Horry County, South Carolina. There are more than 64,000 customers serviced by Horry Electric.
How to Pay the Bill
Pay online: Customers can pay your Horry Electric bill online by visiting https://billing.horryelectric.com/scripts/cgiip.exe/WService=HEOnline/login.w. You will need to log on with your user identification number and password. You must provide your Horry Electric account number.
Automatic payment: You have the opportunity to pay your Horry Electric bill monthly by having the payment directly deducted from your checking or savings account. There is no convenience fee associated with automatic payments.
Pay by mail: You can mail your payments to:
Horry Electric Cooperative
P.O. Box 119
Conway, SC 29528-0119
Pay in person: You can make your Horry Electric payments in person by visiting one of two locations:
2774 Cultra Rd.
Conway, SC 29528
5889 Highway 707
Myrtle Beach, SC 29588
Alternative pay stations: You can pay your Horry Electric bill at any NBSC locations in Horry County or Conway National Bank. Third-party pay stations do not accept partial payments.
Pay by phone: You can pay your Horry Electric bill by phone by calling 1-843-369-2211. Follow the instructions until you hear the credit card option. The payments are processed through Western Union Speedpay. A convenience fee applies to all transactions.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Horry Electric offers a Miscellaneous Charges page that explains the returned check fee and other meter-related charges. Customer service can answer any additional questions about billed fees at 1-843-369-2211 or 1-843-650-7530.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Horry Electric charges fees for late payment, reconnection and security deposit. The company also charges a membership fee for all new customers.
- Membership – Horry Electric charges new customers a membership fee of $30. This covers membership, application and connection fees.
- Late payment – The fee for late payment is 5% of your total bill.
- Reconnection – In the event your Horry Electric service is disconnected, you are required to pay a $40. If the service is reconnected on the weekend, an additional $25 is charged to your account.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Horry Electric does not offer specific programs designed to help customers with their bills, but does provide resources to customers.
- Waccamaw Economic Opportunity Council – This community organization provides utility assistance to Horry county residents that need help paying their Horry Electric bill.
- The Salvation Army – This organization provides services designed to assist customers of Horry Electric pay their utility bill.
- Helping Hand – This program assists income-eligible customers of Horry Electric assistance with their utility bills.
- LIHEAP: When inquiring about payment assistance programs, you may ask how to qualify for energy assistance with LIHEAP? You will need to meet certain income guidelines as well as apply early due to limited funds. You will also need to be a United States citizen.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill
We want to hear from Horry Electric customers just like you. Did Horry Electric provide exceptional customer service when you needed it the most? Post a message and help us spread the word on how Horry Electric company helps its customers pay their bills.