What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your HSBC credit card Bill
For close to 150 years, HSBC has provides excellent financial products and services to millions of customers around the world. One product that is designed to provide financial freedom is the HSBC credit card. The credit card offers:
- No membership fees
- Low monthly interest rates
- 24 hour customer service
How to Pay the Bill
Variety is the spice of life, even when you need to pay your credit card bill. HSBC provides the following services designed to be easy and convenient.
Automatic draft: Do you want to reduce convenience fees? Sign up for automatic draft from your bank account.
Pay by mail: Customers can send you bill payment to:
HSBC Card Services
P.O. Box 49352
San Jose, CA 95161-9352
HSBC Card Services
1301 E. Tower Rd.
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Pay by phone: For a small convenience fee, customers can pay your HSBC credit card bill by calling customer service at 1-888-385-8916.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
As a financial institution, HSBC charges several service charges and fees to customers, whether on a non-recurring basis or on a monthly basis. Although you may know that the company charges fees, you may not understand the terminology. For complete details about the service charges and fees, visit the HSBC Credit Card Member Agreement. Do you need additional information? Call 1-888-385-8916.
How the Penalty Fees Work
As one of the world’s largest financial institutions, HSBC is in the practice of charging customers a service charges and fees on your bill. The fees and charges include, account fees, late payment fees, returned payment fees and stop payment fees.
- Stop payment – $29
- Retuned payment – $25
- Over the limit – $25
- Late payment – $19 (balance up to $250); $25 (balance more than $251); $35 (additional late payment with balances more than $251)
- Balance transfer – 3% to 4% of the transferred amount or $5 to $10
- Cash advance – 3% to 4% of the cash advance amount or $10
- Foreign transfer – 3% of the transferred amount
- Overdraft – 3% of the overdraft amount or $5
- APR – 9.99% to 27.24% (applies to regular purchases and penalties)
I Can’t Make a Payment
At times, you could face financial hardships and not have the ability to pay your bill. If you need assistance, call customer service at 1-888-385-8916 prior to receiving a late payment notification. HSBC gives customers two options if you can’t pay your bill.
- Skip a payment – If you can’t make a timely payment, call customer service and request to skip a bill payment. Customers are charged interest when payments are skipped.
- Payment plan – Customers place your past due balance on a payment plan. You are given the opportunity to pay the past due balance over the course of several months.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Leave us a comment about your experiences dealing with HSBC credit card customer service when you can’t pay your bill.