What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your IdaCorp Bill
IdaCorp is an electric company based in Idaho. The company provides electricity to approximately 480,000 customers throughout the state. The company recognizes that customers face tough financial times and need assistance paying your bill. IdaCorp is here to help.
How to Pay the Bill
IdaCorp provides several options for customers that want to make a timely bill payment. The available options include:
Pay by mail: You can send your monthly bill payment to:
IdaCorp – Processing Center
P.O. Box 34966
Seattle, WA 98124-1966
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your IdaCorp bill by calling customer service at 1-800-829-5415. You will notice a $2.85 convenience fee added to your bill payment.
Pay in person: When you need an alternative to traditional payment options, you can visit one of several drop box locations. The complete list of IdaCorp drop boxes is available on the website.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
When you receive your monthly billing statement or account, you may notice service charges or fees that need a detailed explanation. In the event you need you billing statement or account explained, we recommend you visit the IdaCorp Billing Glossary. You can also contact a customer service representative at 1-800-829-5415 for further details.
How the Penalty Fees Work
IdaCorp charges a wide variety of fees and charges to customers on a monthly and on a one-time basis. The charges assessed to your account include:
- Late payment – 1% of the past due amount
- Returned check – $20
- Connection – $10
- Disconnection (within 30 days of connection) – $35
- Disconnection (30 days after connection) – $370
- Connection – $35
I Can’t Make a Payment
When you are faced with a financial hardship, you need to know where to turn. IdaCorp provides several programs and resources designed to assist the customer in your time of need. The available programs include:
- LIHEAP – This federally-funded program is designed to provide assistance to qualified low-income customers. The funds are limited, so we suggest you apply for services as early as possible. You can contact customer service at 1-800-829-5415 for additional information or the National Energy Assistance Referral Project (NEAR) at 1-866-674-6327.
- Payment plan (Winter) – This service is available during the months of November to March. You have the ability to spread you bill payment out in order to avoid seasonal spikes. You should contact customer service at 1-866-674-6327 for additional details and requirements.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
When you needed assistance the most, did IdaCorp help you or was you service terminated? We want to hear you positive and negative stories on how the company stood behind the customer and helped you pay your bill. Leave us a comment below.