What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Jersey Central Power and Light Company Bill
Jersey Central Power and Light Company is a division of the First Energy company. The main website is associated with the First Energy company so you’ll need to fish through information on all First Energy companies to find your service fees and payment options.
How to Pay the Bill
When you receive electric services from Jersey Central Power and Light, you’ll have multiple payment options to choose from.
Pay online: You can easily pay your Jersey Central Power and Light Company bill online at https://www.firstenergycorp.com/log_in.html. You will need to register with your account number and provide a username, password and valid email address to make a payment.
Pay by phone: An automated system is available for you to make payments by phone. Simply call 1-866-569-4770 to make a payment with your credit card or debit card. You’ll need your account number, card number, expiration date and security code from the back of the card to complete payment.
Pay by mail: Mail payments for Jersey Central Power and Light are processed in Akron, Ohio. Send payments to:
Jersey Central Power and Light Company
PO Box 3687
Akron, OH 44309-3687
Pay automatically: You can sign up for automatic payments pulled from your bank account online. You’ll need to register for an account or log in to your account to process the direct debit request.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
There may be a time when you receive a bill you don’t understand. The customer service department is ready and willing to explain the service fees listed on your bill at 1-800-662-3115. You can also view the Tariffs page to learn more about fees.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Before your bill is due, contact the customer service department for more information on payment arrangements or extended due dates to prevent being charged penalty fees.
- Late payment fee: 1.5% of the past due account balance. If any portion of that bill rolls over to the following month, you will be charged an additional 1.5% fee.
- Returned check charge: $10 per returned check. This fee likely applied to other forms of payment returned for insufficient funds.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Jersey Central Power and Light offers several programs for customers having trouble making payment on-time or those with a fixed income.
- Extended due date: If you receive a fixed income payment once per month and that payment arrives after your bill due date, you may be eligible for an extended due date.
- Extended payment arrangement: This service is provided to prevent electric service shut-off for non-payment. Contact customer service 1-800-662-3115 for more information.
- Military deferred payment plan: If one of your family members is on active duty and you are having financial difficulties due to the deployment, contact 1-800-962-0383 for more information on the military deferred payment plan.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
We need to hear from you. How did JCPL treat you when you called about your past due bill?