What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Johnson City Power Board Bill
Johnson City Power Board is an electric company that services the residents of Johnson County, Tennessee. The company provides excellent customer service to more than 75,000 customers.
How to Pay the Bill
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your Johnson City Power Board bill by phone by calling 1-423-282-5272. Acceptable methods of payment include credit card, debit card and electronic check.
Automatic draft: Customers can pay your Johnson City Power Board bill automatically by enrolling in automatic deduction. The free service deducts your Johnson City Power Board payment from your checking or savings account.
Pay by mail: Customers can send your Johnson City Power Board payment to:
Johnson City Power Board
2600 Boones Creek Rd.
Johnson City, TN 37605
Alternate payment locations: Customers can pay your Johnson City Power Board bill at the following locations:
- Bank of Tennessee
- First Tennessee Bank
- Johnson City Federal Credit Union
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Johnson City Power Board does an excellent job of providing all of the charges and fees it assesses to customers on the website. Unfortunately, not all customers have the ability to understand the information. If you want to review the information first-hand, we recommend you visit the Johnson City Power Board Customer care page. If the customer care page does not contain the information you are seeking, you should contact customer service at 1-423-282-5272.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Customers of Johnson City Power Board are charged with the following fees that were disclosed to us from customer service: late payments, new service connection and security deposits. Johnson City Power Board did not disclose whether or not they charge fees for insufficient funds or returned checks.
- Late payment – The amount charged by Johnson City Power Board is 5% for the first $1000 of the past due amount and 1.5% of any amount above $1000.
- Next day new service - $40
- Same day new service – $60
- New service after hours – $130 to $150
- Security deposit – $300; Additional deposits may be required, depending on the customer and range from $100 to $500.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Johnson City Power Board offers several options for customers that can’t pay your bill. The primary resource for bill pay assistance is alternative payment options. Customers must call 1-423-952-5014 and speak to a customer service representative. Other options explained to us were federally-funded programs.
- Rolling Budget – This service allows customers to lower their monthly bill for 11 months with the final payment due on the 12th month.
- Fixed Budget – This service allows customers to set their monthly payment according to their personal budget. The amount due on a monthly basis does not waver.
- LIHEAP – This federally-funded program provides assistance to qualified income-eligible customers that meet certain conditions. The minimum amount distributed to individuals is $300 and the maximum is $600. Learn how to qualify for energy assistance with LIHEAP.
- Heisse Johnson Hand Up Program – This program accepts donations from customers and disperses funds to the Salvation Army and the Good Samaritan Ministries. Those organizations then distribute funds to qualified customers within the county.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did Johnson City Power Board assist you in paying your bill? We want to hear from real customers just like you. Leave us a comment below.