What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Kohl’s Bill
Kohl’s is a department store based in Menomonee Falls, WI. The company currently operates 1,127 locations in 49 states. Aside from the retail business, Kohl’s offers its store brand credit card. The Kohl’s credit card offers benefits and rewards for making purchases. We found that Kohl’s maintains a strong commitment to communities by giving back through Kohl’s cares as well as assisting customers in the local area. Benefits of the Kohl’s credit card include:
- Extra discounts that save customers up to $120 annually
- Bill payment protection
- Eligibility for the Most Valuable Customer (MVC) program
- Personalized shopping days
- Additional 10% discount for signing up
- No annual fee
How to Pay the Bill
Kohl’s provides several methods for customers to pay your bill. The available options include online payments, mail payments, phone payments and automatic deductions.
Pay online: Customers can pay your Kohl’s bill online by visiting http://credit.kohls.com/. Upon registering your account, you simply enter your user identification, password and payment. The service is free.
Pay by mail: Customers can pay your Kohl’s bill by mailing payments to:
Milwaukee Payment Center
P.O. Box 2983
Milwaukee, WI 53201-2983
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your Kohl’s bill by calling customers service at 1-800-564-5740. There is a convenience fee added to your payment.
Automatic deduction: Customers can pay your Kohl’s bill by having the funds removed automatically from your checking or saving account. You can schedule payments for the established due date or up to 45 days earlier.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Credit card companies can add charges to your Kohl’s billing statement or account, such as late payment fees, returned check fees and finance charges that you might not understand. If this has happened to you, we recommend you visit the Kohl’s customer resource page. In the event the FAQs do not answer your question, you should contact customer service at 1-800-564-5740.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Kohl’s charges fees on a monthly basis as well as a non-recurring basis. The fees include finance charges, late payment fees and returned check fees.
- Finance charge – Kohl’s charges a minimum finance charge of $0.50.
- Late payment – in the event payments are received past the due date, Kohl’s charges a late payment fee ranging from $15 to $29.
- Returned check – When payments return from your financial institution for insufficient funds, Kohl’s charges $25 per instance.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Customers that can’t pay your Kohl’s are provided options. When we spoke to customer service, they explained Kohl’s offers two options to assist customers. Customers can change your payment due date or apply for a payment arrangement.
- Payment arrangements – Prior to a default notice, customers should call customers service at 1-800-564-5740 and discuss payment arrangements. Upon approval, customers must follow the conditions of the payment arrangement. The late fees do not apply, but finance charges apply.
- Change payment date – Kohl’s gives the customers the option of changing the due date of your payment. Customers must call 1-800-564-5740 and speak to a customer service representative. You must provide your account information as well as your personal information.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did Kohl’s help you pay your bill? Leave us a comment below explaining your positive or negative experiences.