What To Do When You Can’t Pay Your LADWP Bill
How To Pay The Bill
LADWP offers several different ways to pay your bill. You can opt for electronic billing, bank draft, in person, via phone, online, or wire transfer.
To pay your bill via bank draft: sign into your online account and enter the necessary information.
To pay your bill in person: Visit any of the customer service centers to make your payment.
To pay your bill via phone: Call 1-800-342-5397 and follow the prompts to make your payment any time 24 hours a day seven days a week. There is no fee for this service.
To pay your bill via wire transfer: visit a Western Union location and be ready to provide your name, account number, and account balance. You will also be required to pay an $11.95 service charge to Western Union to facilitate the QuickPay service.
To pay your bill by mail: Send your payment to:
PO Box 30808
Los Angeles, CA 90030-0808
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Customer service is available to answer billing questions at 1-800-342-5397. The Customer Service and Payment Information page offers some information on late payment charges, service charges and water adjustments.
How The Penalty Fees Work
If you are late making a payment on your account, you are subject to late fees that are a percentage of your payment amount, added on to the following bill. If you reach the point where your service is disconnected, you will have to pay $50 to have it restored. Other fees may include:
- Late payment charge: Monthly percentage equal to 18% annually.
- Returned payment fee: $25 per instance.
- Field collection fee: $30 per instance.
- Same-day account restoration: $70 per instance.
I Can’t Make A Payment
If you are not able to make a payment, you will need to contact customer service as soon as you are aware of the issue to discuss making a payment arrangement to keep your account in satisfactory standing to avoid a service disconnect. You may be required to pay a high-risk credit deposit if service is disconnected for non-payment. LADWP does offer information on several programs for low-income families, including:
- Water Lifeline: Credit of $20 every two months for qualified water customers. Based on income and family size.
- Low-income support: Credit of $10 every two months, plus an additional $3 every two months for each person over three. Maximum credit is $20 per bill.
- LIHEAP: Customers that are having financial difficulty will want to know how to qualify for energy assistance with LIHEAP. You will need your monthly household income as well as statements regarding public assistance you receive. Upon acceptance, you can use the grant money toward your heating or cooling expenses.
Will They Work With Me To Pay My Bill?
LADWP will work with you to make sure they can do everything they can to ensure your services remain on even in times of hardship, but if you are not able to meet the terms of your arrangement you may run into some issues. If you have experience dealing with this company, please share it with the other readers of this site.