What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Lansing Board of Water and Light Bill
Lansing Board of Water and Light an electricity and water company that provides service to more than 160,000 customers in Lansing, Michigan and the surrounding area. The company continues to hold its core values true to heart, providing low rates and high levels of reliability to customers.
How to Pay the Bill
Pay online: Customers can pay your Lansing Board of Water and Light bill online by visiting https://www.paybill.com/lbwleft/residential/. You will notice a $2.95 convenience fee added to your Lansing Board of Water and Light bill.
Pay by phone: You can contact customer service at 1-866-760-2252 if you choose to pay your Lansing Board of Water and Light bill by phone. There is a small convenience fee associated with phone payments.
Automatic deductions: Customers can pay your Lansing Board of Water and Light bill by having the funds automatically deducted from your checking or savings account. Although Lansing Board of Water and Light does not charge a convenience fee, your financial institution may charge a service fee.
Pay in person: Customers wanting to pay your Lansing Board of Water and Light bill in person should visit:
Lansing Board of Water and Light
1232 Haco Dr.
Lansing, MI 48901
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Every month you receive your Lansing Board of Water and Light billing statement or account. When you review the service charges or fees, do you become confused and need the details explained? If this sounds like you, we recommend visiting the Lansing Board of Water and Light Rules and Regulations page. For additional information regarding your Lansing Board of Water and Light billing statement or account, we suggest you contact customer service at 517-702-6006
How the Penalty Fees Work
Lansing Board of Water and Light charges several fees on a monthly and a non-recurring basis. The fees include:
- Connection (electric) – $135
- Reconnection (electric) – $135
- Reconnection (water) – $65 to $130
- Security deposit (electric) – $128
- Security deposit (water/sewer) – $55 to $127
- Insufficient funds (water and electric) – $30
- Late payment (electric and water) – 5% of the past due amount
I Can’t Make a Payment
When customers can’t pay your Lansing Board of Water and Light bill, the company provides options to avoid termination of service. The programs include:
- Payment arrangement – Customers that are having financial difficulty paying your Lansing Board of Water and Light bill should contact customer service at 517-702-6006. The company will work with you on a payment plan that fits your budget.
- LIHEAP – This federally-funded program provides energy assistance to qualified low-income customers. You can receive additional information by contacting customer service at 517-702-6006 or the National Energy Assistance Referral Project (NEAR) at 1-866-674-6327.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
When facing a financial hardship, did the Lansing Board of Water and Light help you pay your bill? We want you to share your positive and negative experiences with us. Leave a comment below.