What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your MX Energy Bill
MX Energy is in business to save the customers it services money, while providing excellent customer service and an alternative to regulated energy companies. The electric company currently services 15 states and two Canadian provinces. Based in Stamford, CT, MX Energy has a team of more than 200 ready to assist you with your energy needs.
How to Pay the Bill
MX Energy provides easy and convenient methods for customers to pay your bill. The methods include online payment, automatic deduction, payment by phone and mail payments.
Pay online: Customers can pay your MX Energy bill online by visiting https://paymentsmxgas.billmatrix.com/. You have the ability to make payments using your credit card, debit card or an electronic check. A $2.95 service fee is added to your MX Energy payment.
Automatic deduction: Customers can pay your MX Energy bill by having the funds automatically deducted from your checking or savings account. The service is free.
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your MX Energy bill by calling customer service at 1-800-718-7049 for Texas customers or 1-877-677-4355 for customers in the other service areas. The service is free.
Pay by mail: Customers can pay your MX Energy bill by sending payment to:
P.O. Box 659583
San Antonio, TX 78265
P.O. BOX 659485
San Antonio, TX 78265-9485
3219 Yonge Street Box 404
Toronto, ON M4N 3S1
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Have you noticed fees such late payment fees, insufficient fund fees or connection fees that you do not understand on your MX Energy billing statement or account? If so, we suggest you visit the MX Energy FAQs. For additional information regarding your MX Energy billing statement or account, you can contact customer service at 1-800-718-7049.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Several of the fees MX Energy occur on a non-recurring basis. MX Energy does charge a monthly service fee of $5.95.
- Late payment – Customers that make your MX Energy payment past the established due date are charged a fee equal to 5% of the past due amount. The minimum amount charged to customers is $10. The customers may incur additional charges, including, court costs, legal fee and collection fees.
- Insufficient funds – IN the event any type of payment is returned by your financial institution, MX Energy charges a fee of $50.
- Disconnection – When MX Energy sends customers a disconnection notice, customers are charged a fee of $5 per instance.
- Reconnection – In the event your MX Energy service is disconnected, you are charged up to $75.
- Early termination – When initiating service with MX Energy, you are required to sign a contract. If you terminate the contract, MX Energy charges you $150.
I Can’t Make a Payment
MX Energy offers several options for customers that can’t pay your bill, including payment arrangements and deferred payment plans. The company also offers resources for Federally-funded programs.
- Deferred payment plan – Customers are given the opportunity to pay past due bill over the course of six or 12 months. This service may require a security deposit. All fees and penalties still apply to customers with deferred payment plans.
- Low-income programs – Customers with household incomes more than 125% of the Federal poverty level receive assistance from MX Energy. The company is required by law to offer assistance.
If you are an MX Energy customer who falls within the LIHEAP home energy assistance program income guidelines, you may qualify for federal aid paying energy bills. Contact your local Department of Human Services for more information on LIHEAP.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did MX Energy help your pay your past due bill or offer a solution? We want you to share your thoughts and experiences. Leave us a comment below.