What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Newport News Water Works Bill
Newport News Water Works is a water company serving the residents of Newport News, Virginia.
How to Pay the Bill
Newport News Water Works offer a few options for customers who need to make a payment. The fastest option is the in-person payment at the service center. This payment is immediately credited to your account. While at the service center, the representative can turn off the disconnect notice.
Pay online (credit card): You can pay your Newport News Water Works bill online by credit card at http://www.nngov.com/waterworks/services/paywaterbill. You must have your 12-digit account number to make payment. Debit cards with a credit card logo are also accepted.
Pay online (check): Newport News Water Works also accepted check payments online. The same address used for credit card and debit card payments can be used for check payments.
Pay at the service center: The fastest means of making a past due payment is via the local service center. The address for the service center is:
Newport News Water Works
700 Town Center Drive
Newport News, VA 23601
Newport News Treasurer’s Office
2400 Washington Ave.
Newport News, VA 23601
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Have you noticed fees such as termination fees, returned payment fees or connection fees that were not explained when you signed up for service? For a detailed description of service charges and fees, we suggest you visit the Newport News Water Works customer resource page for additional information. You may also want to call customer service at 1-757-926-1000 if you have any additional questions.
How Penalty Fees Work
Newport News Water Works is extremely open about penalty fees charged for late payments and delinquent accounts. Some or all of these fees can be avoided if your past due account is placed on a payment plan.
- Cut-off fee: $20 when the customer defaults.
- Restore service (after hours): $25 per instance.
- Returned payment fee: $35 per instance. This fee is charged in addition to any fee charged by your bank.
- Disconnect notice: $20 per notice left at your home or business.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Newport News Water Works will help customers ease the impact of past due water bills, but you must contact the customer service department at 1-757-926-1000 to report your financial troubles. Customers often wait until the last minute to make the call, which can lead to fees and disconnect notices.
- Budget billing: Customers who want to know exactly how much to expect on the water bill each month can sign up for budget billing. The program averages out the previous usage and bills the customer the average amount each month.
- Payment arrangements: Past due accounts can be broken into smaller payments. Customers must call the service department to request a payment plan before service is disconnected. You can reach customer service at 1-757-926-1000.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Customers are the best source of information. We can list all of the important payment information and programs offered by Newport News Water Works, but we need your first-hand accounts of how the company truly treats customers with overdue bills.