What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your North Shore Gas Bill
One of the most prominent gas companies in the greater Chicagoland area is North Shore Gas. The company currently provides gas service to more than 158,000 customers. Since its beginnings in 1848, North Shore Gas has maintained its core beliefs:
- Meeting customer expectations and needs
- Investing in people
- Focus on the energy bsuiness
How to Pay the Bill
North Shore Gas provides several easy and convenient options for customers to pay your bill. The available options include:
Pay online: Customers can pay your North Shore Gas bill online by visiting XXX. The service is free.
Pay by phone: You have the ability to pay your North Shore Gas bill by calling customer service at 866-554-6004. You are charged a convenience fee of $3.95 when making a bill payment by phone.
Automatic deduction: Customer can have your North Shore Gas bill payment deducted directly from your checking or savings account.
Pay by mail: Customers can mail your North Shore Gas bill payment to:
North Shore Gas
130 East Randolph St.
Chicago, IL 60687-0001
Pay in person: North Shore Gas provides several locations for customers to pay your bill in person. The complete list of locations is available on the website. When making payments in person, you are charged a $1 convenience fee.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Have you seen service charges or fees on your monthly North Shore Gas billing statement or account that you do not understand? If you need the charges explained, we recommend you review the North Shore Gas Tariffs page. For additional information, we suggest calling customer service at 1-866-554-6004.
How the Penalty Fees Work
North Shore Gas charges the following fees on a monthly basis as well as a one-time basis:
- Delivery charge – $17.84 to $18.14
- Pipeline protection – $2.95
- Late payment – 1.5% of the past due amount
- Returned check – $25
- Connection – $16 to $35
- Reconnection – $60 to $350
I Can’t Make a Payment
Customers do not anticipate facing a financial hardship forcing you to not pay your North Shore Gas bill. Fortunately, North Shore Gas provides programs that help customers and keep your service turned on. The programs include:
- Payment arrangements – Customers should contact customer service at 866-556-6004 in order to inquire about payment arrangements. North Shore Gas offers two payment arrangements, short-term payment arrangements and minimum payment arrangements. The short-term payment arrangement allows you to pay your past due balance over the course of several months. The minimum payment arrangement is only available from April to September and allows customers to pay a portion of your past due balance.
- LIHEAP – This program is available to qualified low-income customers. The funds are limited, so we recommend applying early. You can contact customer service at 866-556-6004 or the National Energy Assistance Referral Project (NEAR) at 1-866-674-6327.
- Share the Warmth – This program offers grants to qualified customers to use toward your heating expenses.
- Medical Certificate – This service stops termination if you have a severe illness.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
North Shore Gas will assist you when you can’t pay your bill. Did the company help you during your financial crisis? We want to hear from you. Leave us a comment below.