What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Novec Bill
Novec, Northern Virginia Electric Cooperative, is an electric company serving a 651 square mile radius around Manassas, Virginia. Nearly 150,000 homes receive electric from Novec. Customers in northern Virginia should be aware that Novec offers several payment options and assistance programs. Customers having trouble making their electric bill payment on-time should contact customer service for immediate help.
How to Pay the Bill
Paying your Novec bill couldn’t be easier. The company offers online and offline solutions for bill payment, but not all payment methods are fast. If your service is due to be disconnected in the near future, it is best to take payment in person to the nearest Novec office.
Pay online: You can pay your Novec bill online at https://www.novec.com/eBillinglogin.cfm?&CFID=4314406&CFTOKEN=91439892&jsessionid=bc305cbbd1129f23545a6f7e307843254530. This service is associated with the Novec cooperative, so customers need to register before making payment.
Pay with Speedpay: If you want to make a payment by phone or online without the hassle of talking with a customer service representative or registering for an online account, Speedpay is an option. Speedpay charges $2.45 per transaction. Customers can call 1-866-215-2703 or visit the Speedpay website to pay your Novec bill.
Pay by eCheck: The eCheck service is an automatic billing option available to all Novec customers. You must fill out an authorization form to have payment deducted from your bank account. This service is automatic, so payments will be deducted on the due date each month.
Pay by mail: Customers can choose to send payments by mail. This is the slowest payment option and should not be used if the account is past due or facing disconnection.
Northern Virginia Electric Co-Op
PO Box 34795
Alexandria, VA 22334-0795
Pay ay a Novec office: The fastest means of making payment for a Novec bill is by visiting a Novec office.
Lomond Business Center
10323 Lomond Dr.
Manassas, VA 20110
2430 Poplar Rd.
Fredericksburg, VA 22401
14500 Minnieville Rd.
Woodbridge, VA 22191
349 E Market St
W, VA 20176
Gainesville Technical Center
5399 Wellington Branch Rd
Gainesville, VA 20155
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Have you noticed charges on your Novec billing statement or account, such as late payment fees, returned payment fees or collections fees that you do not understand or were ot explained to you? If this has happened, we suggest you visit the Novec customer resource page. You can also contact a Novec customer service representative for additional explanation of your billing statement or account at 1-866-215-2703.
How Penalty Fees Work
Novec lists most penalty fees on the official website under the Payment Policies.
- Late payment fee: Novec will charge 1.5% of the past due amount as a late payment penalty.
- Returned payments: If your check or bank payment is returned for insufficient funds Novec will charge a $35 fee per instance in addition to the fee you bank may charge.
- Collection fee: $40 per trip.
I Can’t Make a Payment
- Operation Round-Up: Customers choose to have energy bills rounded up to the nearest dollar each month. The proceeds are used to help low-income residents pay energy bills during the winter months.
- Levelized Billing: Evens out monthly bills so you know what to expect each month. Bills are typically higher than average during the spring and fall and lower than average during the summer and winter.
- LIHEAP: The LIHEAP home energy assistance program allows Novec customers to apply for federal support for energy bills. You must use your Novec services to heat or cool your home to qualify.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Let us know if Novec helped you make your energy bills more manageable.