What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your OCWA Bill
OCWA, Onondaga County Water Authority, is an independent water company that sells services and water related products to customers. The company services approximately 330,000 customers in Central New York State. OCWA has plans to expand to service the residents of Syracuse, New York. The mission of the company is to provide safe products and excellent customer service. With its commitment to the customer, OCWA provides several resources for customers that can’t pay your bill.
How to Pay the Bill
Customers of OCWA have the ability to pay your bill online as well as by mail and by phone.
Pay online: Customers can pay your OCWA bill online by visiting https://payments.ocwa.org/customer/p_template. The acceptable methods of payment include credit cards and debit cards. The service is free for customers in the OCWA service area.
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your OCWA bill by calling customers service at 1-315-455-7061. You will need your account number and credit card information. The service is free.
Pay by mail: Customers can pay your OCWA bill by sending payments to:
OCWA (Onondaga County Water Authority)
P.O. Box 4949
Syracuse, NY 13221-4949
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Have you seen fees such as connection fees, returned check fees, service fees or late payment fees that you do not understand or were not explained to you? If this is the case, we suggest you visit the OCWA FAQs. You can also contact customer service at 1-315-455-7061 for additional information concerning your billing statement or account.
How the Penalty Fees Work
OCWA charges fees to customers on a non-recurring basis. Several of the fees are increased when the penalty occurs more than once. The fees include connection of service, reconnection of service, returned check fees and service fees.
- Connection – When customers begin service with OCWA, the company charges customers a fee of $11.
- Reconnection – In the event your service is terminated, OCWA charges a fee for reconnection. The service fee is $50 during regular business hours. Reconnection after regular business hours is $75.
- Returned check – When payments are returned from the bank due to insufficient funds, OCWA charges customers a $20 fee.
- Service fee – When customers have a service related problem, OCWA charges customers a fee of $60 for the first occurrence, during regular business hours and $85 after regular business hours. The fee increases to $80 for the second occurrence, during regular business hours and $115 after regular business hours.
I Can’t Make a Payment
When customers can’t pay your OCWA bill, the company can help. The main resource provided was payment arrangements. A list of local agencies was provided as well.
- Payment arrangements – When customers can’t pay your OCWA bill, call customer service at 1-315-455-7061 ext.3109. OCWA asks that customers call prior to falling delinquent on your account. The payment arrangements allow you to pay your bill over the course of several months.
- Additional resources – The customer service representative at OCWA informed us of several local agencies that provide assistance for customers that can’t pay your bill. The agencies include the Community Development in Oswego and Economic Development in Madison County.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did OCWA help you pay your bill? Leave us a comment below so we can better help other customers of OCWA.