What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your OKC Water Bill
OKC Water services more than 500,000 customers in the Oklahoma City area as well as Lake Draper, Overholser and Hefner. The water company produces approximately 250 million gallons of water on a daily basis and expects to produce an adequate amount of water for its customers for the next 50 years.
How to Pay the Bill
Pay online: Customers can pay your OKC Water bill online by visiting https://www.okc.gov/login2005/Login.aspx?MI=https://www.okc.gov/water/service/AccountInformation/TieAccounts.aspx&ReturnUrl=%2fwater%2fservice%2fAccountInformation%2fPaymentArrangements.aspx. The typical method of payment is credit and debit cards.
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your OKC Water bill by calling 1-405-297-2833. Acceptable methods of payment include credit and debit cards.
Pay by mail: Customers can send your OKC Water bill to:
The City of Oklahoma City
P.O. Box 26570
Oklahoma City, OK 73126-0570
Pay in person: Customers can pay your OKC Water bill in person by visiting:
402 W. Main St.
Oklahoma City, OK 73126
Alternative locations: Customers can pay your OKC Water bill at alternative locations including:
- Oklahoma City Zoo
- Quail Springs Mall
- Crest Food Stores
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Have you noticed charges such as disconnections fees, returned check fees and servie call fees on your OKC Water billing statement or account that were not fully explained? For a detailed explanation of all applicable fees and service charges, we recommend you visit the OKC Water FAQ resource page. For additional information not covered in the FAQs, we suggest your speak to a customer servicerepresentative at 1-405-297-2833.
How the Penalty Fees Work
There are several fees associated with OKC Water. Certain fees such as the disconnection fee occur once, while several other fees could potentially occur more than once.
- Disconnection – In the event your OKC Water service is terminated, OKC Water charges customers $15.
- Stormwater drainage – This is a monthly fee that each customer incurs. The fee for stormwater drainage is $5.
- Returned check – When a payment is returned for insufficient funds, OKC Water charges customers $20 per occurrence.
- Service call – In the event you need service, the charge is $15.
- Illegal connection – Customers that connect to a meter illegally incur a charge of $55 plus $63 for court costs.
- Posted notice – When a representative of OKC Water visits your residence to post a pre-termination notice, the charge is $15.
I Can’t Make a Payment
When we spoke to the customer service representative, they explained OKC Water offered several programs for customers that can’t pay your bill. One is sponsored by OKC Water, while the other is sponsored by the Salvation Army.
- Payment arrangements – OKC Water offers payment arrangements for customers that can’t pay your bill. Customers can either log into their online account or call customer service at 1-405-297-2833.
- H2O Program – This service is available to qualified low-income customers. Customers call the Salvation Army at 1-405-270-7800 for an application and eligibility requirements. The program is dependent upon donation from OKC Water customers.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
What was your experience dealing with OKC Water? Did they exceed your expectations when you needed them the most? We want to share your experience with other customers just like you. Leave us a comment below.