What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Pennsylvania American Water Bill
Pennsylvania American Water is a wastewater and water company that services more than 2 million customers throughout the state of Pennsylvania. The mission of Pennsylvania American Water is to provide the highest quality product and offer exceptional customer service.
How to Pay the Bill
Pay online: Customers can pay your Pennsylvania American Water bill online by visiting their bill-pay center. The service allows customers to pay your bill as well as look at future bills.
Pay by mail: Customers can pay your Pennsylvania American Water bill by sending your payment to:
Pennsylvania American Water
P.O. Box 371414
Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7412
Automatic deduction: Customers can pay your Pennsylvania American Water bill by having funds automatically deducted from your checking or savings account.
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your Pennsylvania American Water bill by calling 1-866-271-5522. You will need your account information as well as your credit card information.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
In the event you are charged fees such as late payment fees, connection fees, returned check fees or one-time security deposits that are unfamiliar to you, we recommend visiting the Pennsylvania American Water FAQs. You may also want to contact customer service at 1-866-271-5522 for further details about your billing statement or account.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Pennsylvania American Water charges a wide variety of fees to customers. Fees include late payment fees, connection and disconnection fees, returned check fees and security deposits.
- Late payment – In the event your Pennsylvania American Water payment is received 15 or more days past the established due date, you will be assessed a late payment fee of 1.5% of the remaining balance. The total amount Pennsylvania American Water charges customers during the course of a year is 18%.
- Security deposit – Pennsylvania American Water charges a security deposit for residents and non-residents. The amount is determined by the customer’s creditworthiness.
- Connection fee – When a customer begins service with Pennsylvania American Water, the connection fee is $30. When the customer decides to terminate their contract with Pennsylvania American Water, the fee is $30.
- Return check – Checks returned for insufficient funds are assessed a $20 fee. Additional banking charges may apply.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Pennsylvania American Water offers several programs to assist customers that can’t pay your bill.
- Payment agreements – Pennsylvania American Water offers customers payment agreements in the event you can’t pay your bill. The agreements range from 6 months to 60 months. The qualifying measurement is your household income. Customers must call customer service at 1-866-565-7292 to complete the application process.
- H2o Help to Others Program – This program is designed for qualified low-income customers. The available funds are in the form of a grants and discounts. The amount of the grant is up to $500 during the course of a year and the discount is up to 65% of your monthly bill
- Low-income – Pennsylvania American Water offers a 15% discount for qualified low-income customers.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Online customer complaints state Pennsylvania American Water is not the best company to work with when you need assistance the most. What was your experience? Did they help your when you can’t pay your bill? We want to hear from customers just like you. Leave us a comment below.