What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your PNM Bill
PNM is the largest utilities provider in the state of New Mexico. Based in Albuquerque, PNM services more than 500,000 customers.
How to Pay the Bill
Pay online: Customers can pay your PNM bill online by visiting https://www.mypnm.com/GlobalPin/servlets/Redirection . The service is free when you pay with your checking or savings account. A service fee of $2.95 is assessed when paying with a credit card or debit card. The only requirement is your account number and password.
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your PNM bill by phone by calling 1-888-342-5766. You can pay your PNM bill by using an electronic check, credit card or debit card. There is a convenience fee of $2.95 assessed with every transaction.
Automatic withdrawal: Customers can pay your PNM bill by having the funds automatically deducted on a monthly basis. The service is free.
Pay stations: Customers can pay your PNM bill at an authorized third-party pay stations such as Western Union or Wells Fargo.
- Western Union – Customers can pay with either check or cash. There is a $1 service fee assessed to each transaction.
- Wells Fargo – Customers can pay with money order or check, cash is not accepted.
Pay by mail: Customers can send your PNM bill to:
P.O. Box 17970
Denver, CO 80217-0970
Pay in person: Customers can pay your PNM bill by visiting:
Alamogordo, NM 88310
414 Silver Ave. SW
Albuquerque, NM 87101
800 Central Ave.
Bayard, NM 88023
420 S. Gold Ave.
Deming, NM 88030
420 Railroad Ave.
Las Vegas, NM 87701
210 E. Fifth Street
Lordsburg, NM 88009
1100 Mechem Drive
Ruidoso, NM 88345
3815 N. Swan
Silver City, NM 88061
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Do you feel comfortable reviewing your monthly PNM billing statement or account and fully understanding all of the charges and fees? If not, we recommend you visit the PNM FAQs page. You may also want to call customer service ar 1-888-342-5766 for additional information concerning your PNM billing statement or account.
How the Penalty Fees Work
We spoke to the customer service representative regarding fees. They explained to us that the company charges a fee for late payment as well as a security deposit for some customers. PNM charges a fee for payments returned for insufficient funds, but they did not disclose the exact amount.
- Late payment – PNM charges a fee equivalent to .667% of the past due amount.
- Security deposit – The amount depends on the creditworthiness of the individual customer.
I Can’t Make a Payment
PNM offers several options for customers that can’t pay your bill. The options are sponsored by the company as well as state-funded.
- Payment plan – Customers can call 1-888-342-5766 and speak to a customer service representative to discus payment options that fit your budget.
- Good Neighbor Fund – income-eligible customers receive assistance paying your PNM bill. The customer must currently be receiving assistance through the LIHEAP program or provide proof of financial hardship.
- LIHEAP – A federal-funded program that assists customers of PNM pay your bill. Learn how to qualify for energy assistance with LIHEAP.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did PNM provide you with viable options to assist you in paying your bill? Leave us a comment and let us know your experience.