What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Progressive Bill
Progressive started as a small insurance company in Ohio and has grown into a leading car insurance agency. The company currently insures hundreds of thousands of registered vehicles throughout the United States. Progressive is an innovator in the insurance business, offering such features as:
- Bundled insurance
- Choose your own price insurance
- Pet insurance
- Usage-based insurance
- Comparison of competitor rates
How to Pay the Bill
Progressive offers several methods for customers to pay your bill. The methods include online bill payment, phone payments, mobile payments and payments by mail.
Pay online: Customers can pay your Progressive bill online by visiting http://www.progressive.com/login.aspx. The acceptable methods of online payment include credit cards, debit cards, electronic checks and PayPal.
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your Progressive bill by calling 1-800-776-4737. The customer service representative will assist you in paying your Progressive bill. You have the opportunity to pay your Progressive bill by using credit cards, debit cards and electronic transfer from your savings or checking account.
Mobile payment: You can pay your Progressive bill using your mobile device, when you do not have immediate access to a home computer. Customers call 1-800-776-4737 and provide customer service with your account information and payment information.
Automatic deduction: Customers can pay your Progressive bill by scheduling payment on a monthly basis. The funds deduct from your checking or savings account.
Pay by mail: Customers can pay your Progressive bill by sending payments to:
The Progressive Corporation
6300 Wilson Mills Rd.
Mayfield Village, OH 44143
Pay with Billfloat: Since Progressive is partnered with Billfloat.com, you can use this advance-loan service to pay your bill.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
If there are fees such as insufficient funds fees, late payment fees and security deposits on your Progressive billing statement or account that you do not understand, may we suggest you visit the Progressive FAQs. You can also contact customer service at 1-800-776-4737.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Progressive provided us with a complete list of fees charged to customers. Several of the fees are non-recurring, so you will not see the fees on a monthly basis.
- Insufficient funds – When the bank returns payments for insufficient funds, Progressive charges customers a fee of $20 per instance.
- Late fees – Progressive provides customers with a payment due date. When payments are received past the due date, Progressive charges you a fee of $5 per instance. Online complaint forums state late payment fees can exceed $25.
- Security deposit – The security deposit charged by Progressive depends on the number of installments you choose. If you choose to pay your Progressive bill twice per year, the security deposit is 30% of your monthly premium. If your installments are four times per year, your security deposit is 25% of your monthly premium. Making six yearly payments decreases your security deposit to 20% of your monthly premium.
- Installment fee – When selecting the premium that matches your budget, an installment fee follows. The fee ranges from $1 to $5.
I Can’t Make a Payment
When we spoke to the customer service representative at Progressive, they explained that customers that can’t pay your bill should call 1-800-776-4737. They will discuss a payment plan that fits your monthly budget. They did not disclose if they offer any additional options or community advocacy agencies that offer bill pay assistance.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
What was your experience dealing with Progressive? Did they help you pay your bill? Share your experience and leave us a comment below.