What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Questar Bill
Questar is a natural gas provider for more than 900,000 customers in southeastern Idaho, southwestern Wyoming and Utah. The gas company began in the late 1920’s with a focus customer service. Questar provides knowledgeable employees and excellent customer service to their customers that need assistance paying your bill.
How to Pay the Bill
Pay online: Customers can pay your Questar bill online by visiting https://paynow7.speedpay.com/QuestarGas/index.asp . When customers pay with a credit card or a debit card, a convenience fee is applied to the total amount due.
Automatic payment: Customers can pay your Questar bill by having the amount automatically deducted from your checking or savings account on a monthly basis.
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your Questar by phone by calling 1-800-323-5517 or 1-801-324-5111. Acceptable methods of payment include credit cards and debit cards. A convenience fee is applied with each transaction.
Pay in person: Customers can pay your Questar bill in person by searching the locations on the website. The pay stations charge a $1 convenience fee per transaction. The drop box locations do not charge a fee.
Pay by mail: Customers can pay your Questar bill by sending payments to:
P.O. Box 45841
Salt Lake City, UT 84139-0001
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
When you receive your monthly Questar billing statement or account, do you understand all of the charges and fees? If you do not understand the charges, you should visit the Questar FAQs. If you need additional assistance, we suggest you contact customer service at 1-800-323-5517 or 1-801-324-5111.
How the Penalty Fees Work
When we inquired about the fees Questar charges, the customer service representative was extremely helpful. They explained to us that Questar charges customers a fee for late payment, returned checks and connection of service. A security deposit is also charged to the customer.
- Security deposits – Questar charges customers one times the amount of the highest charge they incurred over the previous year. Security deposits are also charged to customers with a below standard credit score.
- Late payments – Questar charges customers a 1% penalty for payments received after the established due date.
- Returned checks – The fee associated with returned checks is $20.
- Connection fees – Questar charges a connection fee that ranges from $15 to $100.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Questar provided us with company-sponsored and federally-funded measures designed to assist customers that can’t pay your bill. The service provided Questar is payment arrangements. Call customer service at 1-800-323-5517 to discuss payment options.
- Home Energy Assistance Target (HEAT)
- Residential Energy Assistance through Community Help (REACH Utah)
- Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP Wyoming)
- Energy Share of Wyoming and Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP Idaho)
- Catholic Community Services
The LIHEAP Home Energy Assistance Program was designed to help low-income people pay energy bills. If you use Questar services for primary heating and/or cooling, you may qualify for benefits.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
What was your overall experience dealing with Questar? Was the company available to answer your questions when you could not pay your bill? Leave a comment below so w can share your experience with other Questar customers.