What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Randolph Electric Bill
Randolph Electric is a electric company membership cooperative providing electric service for the Greensboro area of North Carolina. The company provides convenient access to:
- Outage Maps
- Online Bill Pay
- Online Account Services
How to Pay the Bill
Pay online: Customers wishing to make a bill payment online must register for an online account. You can pay your Randolph Electric bill online by visiting http://randolph.utilityflex.com/. Customers must have the Customer Identification Number and Account Number when signing up for online account access and online payments.
Pay by phone: Customers can call 1-877-534-2319 to make payment with a credit card or debit card 24 hours a day. This number is also used for applications and disconnections if you wish to voluntarily terminate service.
Pay by mail: Customers should use the envelope included in the Randolph Electric bill to mail payment whenever possible. If that envelope is not available, customers can mail check and money order payments to:
PO Box 40
Asheboro, NC 27204-0040
PO Box 880
Robbins, NC 27325
Pay in person: There are two locations where payments are accepted in-person for Randolph Electric. These payments centers are located at:
- 879 McDowell Rd in Asheboro, NC
- 201 S Middleton St in Robbins, NC
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
The Randolph Electric Membership Corporation lists all service fees on the official website. You can find these fees on the Rate Schedules page. Customer service is available at 1-800-672-8212 to answers specific questions about billed fees.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Randolph Electric offers a complete list of fees charged by the company for connection, disconnection, late payments and other charges associated with non-payment.
- Deposit: Customers will be charged a deposit ranging from $0 to $400 at the time service is started. The deposit amount depends on current credit score. If a customer is late making payments or has service disconnected, Randolph Electric reserves the right to collect a deposit after service is started even if the customer initially passed the credit check.
- Late fee: A late fee of 1.5% of the past due balance will be added to all past due bills. There is a minimum charge of $3.50 and a maximum charge of $50.
- Meter tampering: If the company finds a customer tampered with a meter, they will be charged $200 plus a $400 deposit. This fee is in addition to the estimated amount of electric service used but not paid for due to tampering. If the customer is cited for a second offense, the charge is $300 plus electric charges.
- Trip charge: $40 per visit if associated with collecting a past due bill or disconnecting/reconnecting service due to non-payment.
- Reconnect fee (before 4 p.m.): $40 per instance.
- Reconnect fee (4 p.m. to 10 p.m.): $60 per instance.
- Reconnect fee (10 p.m. to 7:30 a.m., weekends and holidays): $80 per instance.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Randolph Electric wants to help you make your payment on-time. Customer service has access to local, state and federal programs that provide energy assistance for qualified applicants. Contact customer service at 1-877-534-2319 for more information.
Payment plan: Randolph Electric will work with customers to establish a payment plan in certain cases. Customer service would not reveal the details about who can be approved for payment plans.
LIHEAP home energy assistance program: This service is provided by the the federal government and requires applicants meet certain income guidelines. You can receive additional information about the LIHEAP program by contacting your local National Energy Assistance Referral Project (NEAR) at 1-866-674-6327.
Outside energy assistance: Members can contact local agencies for more information on energy assistance.
- Randolph County Social Services – 1-336-683-8000
- Salvation Army – 1-336-625-0551
- Christians United Outreach Center – 1-336-625-1500
- Montgomery County Social Services – 1-910-576-6531
- Moore County Social Services – 1-910-947-3436
- Chatham County Social Services – 1-919-542-2759
- Alamance County Social Services – 1-336-570-6532
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill
Randolph Electric appears to really want to work with customers on past due bills. Did the company work with you to resolve your bill or were you left with late charges and reconnection fees? Let us know.