What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Santander Bill
Santander is one of the largest auto finance companies in the United States. Based in Dallas, Texas, Santander left its roots in the sealing of vehicles to focus on the financing of vehicles. Santander is owned by the publically owned company Banco Santander, considered as one of the safest banks in the world.
How to Pay the Bill
Pay online: Customers can pay your Santander bill online by visiting https://myaccount.santanderconsumerusa.com/Login.aspx.
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your Santander bill over the phone by calling 1-888-222-4227. Acceptable methods of payment include checking and savings accounts. Santander charges a $10.95 convenience fee for payments received by phone.
Payment stations: Customers can pay your Santander bill at authorized pay stations such as MoneyGram and Western Union.
- MoneyGram – Customers will need the four-digit receive code, 1554, their account number, the company name and the city and state. The convenience fee ranges from $9.95 to $10.40.
- Western Union – Customers can pay your Santander bill by visiting your local Western Union or calling 1-800-325-6000. You will need the city code, Pitstop, state code and your account information. Acceptable methods of payment include cash, credit cards and debit cards. A convenience fee is assessed to each payment.
Pay by mail: Customers can mail your Santander payment to:
Santander Consumer USA
1010 W. Mockingbird Lane, Suite 100
Dallas, TX 75247
Automatic deduction: Customers can have your Santander bill automatically deducted from your checking or savings account on a monthly basis. You will need to complete an authorization form and return to:
Santander Consumer USA Inc.
P.O. Box 961245
Fort Worth, TX 76161-1245
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Several of the fees charged by Santander, including, monthly interest charges, overdraft fees and late payment fees are not detailed on your billing statement or account. We suggest you visit the Santander FAQs for a detailed descriptions of fees. If you have additional questions or concerns, you can contact customer service at 1-800-325-6000.
How the Penalty Fees Work
The fees Santander charges include late payment fees and interest on your account. The fees incur when Santander receives your payment past the initial due date established in your contract.
- Interest – The interest on your Santander account is calculated by the balance multiplied by the interest rate listed on your contract, divided by one calendar year.
- Late payment – Santander offers a 10 day grace period for payment. Payments received after this date are assessed a late payment. The late payment depends on the state laws.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Santander did not provide many options for customers that can’t pay your bill, but did offer a solution. When we spoke to customer service, they explained that customers should call customer service at 1-888-222-4227. The customer service representative will work with you regarding payment options.
- Extended payment date – Santander allows customers to extend the date of their payment as long as their account is in good standing. Customers can use this service once within a 12 month period. Payment date changes are permanent.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did Santander go above and beyond your expectations? Did they offer assistance when you can’t pay your bill? Share your experience and leave us a comment below.