What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Santee Cooper Bill
Santee Cooper is an electric company providing traditional and green energy to more than 2 million customers in South Carolina. The company not only delivers energy but produces energy for 20 electric co-ops in the state.
How to Pay the Bill
Customers receiving direct billing from Santee Cooper for electric service can choose from multiple payment options. Not all payment options post quickly, so if you are facing a past due bill or a disconnect notice, it is best to contact customer service at 1-888-769-7688.
Pay online: You can pay your Santee Cooper bill online at https://secure4.billerweb.com/san/inetSrv. You must register for online account access before making a payment. You must have the account number and the total amount due on your latest bill to register.
Pay by mail: Payments via personal check and money order are processed at the Moncks Corner Santee Cooper office. Mail payments to:
PO Box 188
Moncks Corner, SC 29461
Pay by bank draft: A bank draft agreement allows Santee Cooper to deduct the current amount due from your bank account each month. This service requires you keep enough money in your account to cover your Santee Cooper charges. If payment is returned for insufficient funds, Santee Cooper will charge a returned payment fee. You must fill out an application for bank draft payments. The application is available at your local Santee Cooper office.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Have you noticed fees on your monthly Santee Cooper billing statement or account such as late payment fees, returned check fees or an undisclosed service charge that was not fully explained? You should visit the Santee Cooper FAQs for a complete list of fees assessed to customers. You can also contact customer service at 1-888-769-7688 for a detailed expanation of fees not disclosed on the FAQ page.
How the Penalty Fees Work
- Late payment fee: If your payment is not received by the due date, Santee Cooper will add a late charge of 2% to your bill. The late charge is calculated based on the past due amount.
- Returned check fee: There will be a returned check fee added to your account is payment is returned. If you present two or more payments within a 12 month period returned for insufficient funds, Santee Cooper will require payments by money order, cash or bank check for the next 12 months.
I Can’t Pay My Bill
If you can’t pay your Santee Cooper bill on-time, contact customer service at 1-888-769-7688. Customer service will work with you to arrange a payment plan or billing plan that meets your needs.
- Summary billing: Customers with multiple accounts with Santee Cooper can arrange for all bills to be presented on one statement. This service minimizes the risk of losing a payment statement from one of multiple accounts.
- Budget billing: Budget billing evens out your bill for 12 months based on the average billing amount for the year. The company adds together all of the bills for the previous 12 months and divides that number by 12. This is the amount you will be billed monthly. Your account must be in good standing before signing up for budget billing.
- Payment arrangements: If you are having trouble making payment on-time, contact customer service for payment arrangements. Your bill can be broken into smaller, more manageable payments to help prevent disconnection.
- LIHEAP: If you meet federal income guidelines and use your Santee Cooper service to heat or cool your home, you may qualify for the LIHEAP home energy assistance program.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did Santee Cooper work with you to resolve a past due bill?