What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Sydney Water Bill
Sydney Water is a water company in Sydney, Australia. The company not only provides clean drinking water, they also operate a desalination plant that converts salt water into potable drinking water. According to Sydney Water, desalination in conjunction with recycling and water efficiency means clean drinking water for life.
How to Pay the Bill
Don’t attempt to pay your bill by mail if your due date is close. Mail payments take longer to process and your payment may be posted to your account past the due date, which may result in late payment fees and other charges.
Pay online: You can pay your Sydney Water bill online at https://www.bpoint.com.au/sydneywater/Default.aspx. You need your payment number located on the bottom right corner of your bill. You do not need to register for an account to pay online, but payments are limited to $1,000. Only Visa and Mastercard payments are accepted online.
Pay by direct debit: You must fill out a direct debit application to schedule payments from your bank account. There is no fee charged for direct debits, but money must be available in your account on the day bill payment is presented to prevent bank charges.
Pay by telephone: Telephone payments are accepted at 1300-123-458. You can pay 24 hours a day with your Visa or Mastercard.
Pay by mail: Remove the bill stub from your bill and mail your payment to:
PO Box 339
Silverwater, NSW 2128
Pay with Centrepay: If you wish to setup regular payments with Centrepay, call the company and give them the reference number 555 052 086C. You can also visit the Centrelink website for more information.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
There are times when you’ll have questions about your bill. Contact customer service at 13-20-92. The Ancillary Charges page lists fees that could appear on your account.
How the Penalty Fees Work
- Water reconnection (normal business hours): $39.55
- Water reconnection (after hours): $175.60
- Dishonored or declined payment: $23.95 per payment returned
I Can’t Make a Payment
Sydney Water offers a comprehensive pay of payment assistance links and programs available to customers who need help paying water bills. Some of the services listed include:
- CentrePay – Available to customers receiving income assistance.
- Payment Arrangements – Includes payment deferments and payment installments.
- Payment Assistance Scheme – One-time credit on your account if eligible.
- PlumbAssist – Designed to help low-income customers with plumbing repairs.
- BillAssist – Available for customers with long-term financial struggles.
- No Internet Loan Scheme – Loans to reduce water usage and purchase energy efficient appliances.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Leave a comment about your experience with Sydney Water.