What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Tennessee American Water Bill
Tennessee American Water is a subsidiary of American Water and services more than 300,000 customers within 9 communities in Tennessee. The water company follows the standards set forth by local governments as well as the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Tennessee American Water is in business to provide a high quality product and even better customer service.
How to Pay the Bill
Tennessee American Water provides several options for customers to pay your bill. Available methods include online bill payment, automatic payments, payments by phone and payment in person.
Pay online: Customers can pay your Tennessee American Water bill online by visiting https://wss.amwater.com/selfservice-web/ss_login2.do. There is not convenience fee associated with online payments.
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your Tennessee American Water bill by calling customer service at 1-866-271-5522. Tennessee American Water charges a convenience fee with this service. Acceptable methods of payment include credit card and debit card.
Pay by mail: Customers can pay your Tennessee American Water bill by sending payments to:
Tennessee American Water
P.O. Box 371880
Pittsburgh, PA 15250-7880
Pay in person: Customers can pay your Tennessee American Water bill in person by visiting the Tennessee American Water website for locations near you.
Automatic deduction: Customers can pay your Tennessee American Water bill by having your payment deducted from your checking or savings account monthly.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
The FAQs page for Tennessee American Water answers questions about water quality and water rates, but specific fees are not listed. Customer service is available at 1-866-736-6420 for more information on fees.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Tennessee American Water charges customers fees including late payment fees, connection fees and reconnection fees. Additional fees include disconnection fees and security deposits.
- Security deposit – The security deposit charged by Tennessee American Water is dependent upon the credit worthiness of the customer.
- Insufficient funds – In the event your Tennessee American Water bill payment returns from the bank due to insufficient funds, the company charges you a fee of $10.
- Disconnection – If your service is terminated, Tennessee American Water charges a fee of $25.
- Reconnection – Tennessee American Water charges a fee of $30 to reconnect service during regular business hours. The charge increases to $40 for reconnection after regular business hours.
- Connection – When you initiate service with Tennessee American Water, the company charges a fee of $30 for service connected during regular business hours. The rate increases to $40 for service connected after regular business hours.
- Late payment – Customers that make your Tennessee American Water bill payment after the established due date incur a fee of 1.5% for all unpaid balances.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Tennessee American Water provides two services for customers that can’t pay your bill. Both services require you to call customer service at 1-866-736-6420 prior to service termination.
- Payment arrangements – Eligible customers must meet certain requirements prior to approval. The requirements include paying a minimum of 25% of the past due amount, paying future bills on time and paying the remainder of the balance within 6 months.
- Project Water Help – This emergency service assist customers that have no other means to pay your Tennessee American Water bill. To apply for service, call 1-866-736-6420.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did Tennessee American Water help you pay your bill? We want to hear from you. Leave us a comment below.