What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Toledo Edison Bill
Toledo Edison is an electric company under the FirstEnergy Corporation umbrella. The company serves residents in the Toledo, Ohio area in addition to residents in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Maryland and West Virginia. Customers can use the official website to:
- Request tree service
- Access account information
- Make payments online
How to Pay the Bill
Phone: Customers can make a phone payment with a credit card or debit card. You must have the account number, total amount of the payment you’d like to credit to your account and all credit card or debit card information, including the CVV (three-digit code) on the back of the card. After finalizing the payment, write down the confirmation number. Customers paying a past due bill or those facing disconnection should call customer service to report the confirmation number. Payments by phone can be made at 1-866-569-4770.
Mail: Payments by mail are accepted as personal checks and money orders. Customers should never send cash through the mail. Send payments for the Toledo Edison company to:
The Toledo Edison Company
PO Box 3638
Akron, OH 44309-3638
In Person: Payment Centers are located throughout the service area. Customers can make payments in person. In person payments may be subject to a convenience fee.
Online: You can pay your Toledo Edison bill online at https://www.firstenergycorp.com/log_in.html. Online payments can only be processed if you have access to an online account. You will need your account number to register online.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Customers may want more information regarding a Toledo Edison billing statement or account. We recommend visiting the Toledo Edison FAQs where certain fees are described, including late payment fees, collection charges and returned payment fees. Additional information is available through customer service at 1-866-569-4770.
How Penalty Fees Work
Toledo Edison charges penalty fees when customers send payment after the due date and when they cannot make payment and service is scheduled for disconnection.
- Late payment fee: Toledo Edison will charge a 1.5% late charge. The total charge is based on the past due amount.
- Returned payment: Customers will be charged a return payment fee on the following bill for any payment returned during the current billing cycle.
- Field collection charge: If an employee of Toledo Edison must visit your home to collect payment, a field collection charge will be added to your account.
- Reconnection: If your service is interrupted for non-payment, the customer must pay all charges and fees in addition to a reconnection charge.
I Can’t Pay My Bill
If you can’t make payment for your Toledo Edison bill on-time, contact customer service. They will work with you to extend your due date or place your past due balance on an extended payment plan.
- Extended due date – If you are having temporary financial trouble, Toledo Edison may move your due date into the future. This gives you more time to secure payment without paying late charges.
- Extended payment plan – This plan breaks up your past due balance into smaller payments. Customers are billed for the payment plan amount in addition to current charges.
- Military deferred payment program – If a family member has been called to active duty, contact 1-800-447-3333 for more information on this deferred payment program.
- PIPP – Percentage of Income Payment Plan Plus
- HEAP – Home Energy Assistance Program
- LIHEAP Home Energy Assistance Program – This program has more stringent guidelines than the HEAP program, but the program may also provide more benefits.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Pass along any information you have on Toledo Edison. Are they a company willing to work with customers to pay overdue bills?