What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Trico Electric Bill
Trico Electric is an electric company servicing more than 40,000 customers in Tucson, Sasabe, Three Points, Green Valley, Sahuaita, Marana and Corona de Tucson, Arizona area.
How to Pay the Bill
Trico Electric provides several methods so you can pay your bill, including, online payments, automatic deductions, mail payments and payments at authorized third-party pay station Walmart.
Automatic deduction: Customers can pay your Trico Electric bill by having the funds automatically deducted from your checking or savings account. To sign-up for service, simply contact customer service at 744-2944.
Walmart: Customers can pay your Trico Electric bill at your local Walmart. The only acceptable method of payment is debit card and cash. You are charged a convenience fee of $0.88 per transaction. You must also have a physical copy of your Trico statement when you arrive.
Pay by mail: Customers can pay your Trico Electric bill by mailing payments to:
Trico Electric Cooperative, Inc.
P.O. Box 930
Marana, AZ 85653
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Have you noticed service charges or fees on your monthly Trico Electric billing statement or account that need explaining? If this is the case, we suggest you visit the Trico Electric Rates and Schedules. You can also contact customer service at 744-2944 for additional information about your Trico Electric billing statement or account.
How the Penalty Fees Work
When you receive you monthly billing statement or account information, you may notice service charges or fees. Although several of the fees are assessed on a monthly basis, the remainders are assessed on a non-recurring basis. The charges include connection fees, service charges for residence, late payment fees, insufficient fund fees and return trip fees.
- Establishment – Trico Electric charges you a fee of $50 to $100 when service is initiated.
- Reconnection – When service is reconnected after termination, Trico Electric charges you a fee or $50 to $70.
- Fixed Charge – The monthly service charge assessed to your Trico Electric billing statement or account is $15 for residential customers and $19 for residential time-of-use customers.
- Return trip – In the event a service technician has to perform service at your residence, you are charged a fee or $50 per instance.
- Late payment – In the event you payment is past due, you will be billed 1 percent of the past due balance.
- Insufficient funds – In the event your financial institution returns your Trico Electric bill payment, Trico will assess a $30 fee per instance.
- Collection – In the event a Trico Electric technician visits your residence to collect a past due bill, you are charged a fee of $50.
I Can’t Make a Payment
At times customers do not have the ability to make payments or pay your Trico Electric bill. If you are in a financial hardship, Trico Electric will work with you to pay your past due bill. The company offers several options to pay your bill.
- Payment arrangements – Call to see if you qualify for payment arrangements.
- Budget billing – Trico Electric provides two budget billing services for customers, levelized billing and fixed budget billing. Call Trico’s Member Services department for details.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did Trico Electric help you pay your bill? We want to hear from customers just like you. Share your positive or negative experiences below. Leave us a comment.