What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Union Plus Bill
The Union Plus credit card is a credit card specifically for union members and your families. With more than 1 million customers, the Union Plus offers features, including:
- 24-hour customer service
- Competitive rates
- 100% fraud liability
- 20% off of holiday travel
- 15% off of your AT&T bill
- No annual fee
How to Pay the Bill
The Union Plus credit card offers four convenient methods for customers to pay your bill. The available methods include online bill payment, automatic deductions, mail payment and phone payment.
Pay online: Customers can pay your Union Plus bill online at http://www.unionpluscard.com/paymentcenter . You can make payment using your credit card or debit card. You are not charged a convenience fee when making online bill payments.
Automatic deductions: You can pay your Union Plus bill by having the funds automatically deducted from your checking or savings account. The service is free and you can include up to three financial institutions.
Pay by mail: Mail payments can be sent to:
HSBC Card Services
P.O. Box 49352
San Jose, CA 95161-9352
Pay by phone: Customers can pay your Union Plus bill by contacting customer service at 1-800-622-2580.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
When you receive your Union Plus billing statement or account, do you fully understand all of the fees, including, late payment fees, over the limit fees or returned payment fees? If not, we suggest you visit the Union Plus Summary of Terms page. You can also contact customer service at 1-800-622-2580 for additional information regarding your Union Plus billing statement or account.
How the Penalty Fees Work
The Union Plus card charges several fees on a monthly and non-recurring basis. The fees include:
- Late payment – When your Union Plus bill payment arrives past the due date, the fee assessed is $35.
- Over the limit – When you spend over your established limit, the fee is $25.
- Returned payment – When your payment is returned by your financial institution, the fee is $25.
- Balance transfer – When you transfer your balance, the fee is the greater amount of 3% of the transferred balance or $10.
- Cash advance – If you take cash from your Union Plus card, the fee is the greater amount of 4% of the cash advance or $10.
- Interest – When payments are received past the due date, you are assessed a $1 interest charge.
- APR – Based upon your credit history, the APR assessed to your Union Plus billing statement or account ranges from 14.99% to 20.24%.
I Can’t Make a Payment
When we spoke to the customer service representative, they explained that there are several services available to customers that can’t pay your Union Plus bill. The services include:
- Budget analysis
- Credit counseling
- Debt management
- Budget payment plan
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
When you were in a financial hardship, did you receive help paying your Union Plus bill? We want to hear from you. Leave a comment below.