What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Wells Fargo Auto Bill
Wells Fargo has a long history in the financial world. From banking, to investing, to loans and mortgages, Wells Fargo is in business to help the customer. One of the divisions of the company is Wells Fargo Auto. This division provides assistance with new and used car loans as well as auto finance and bill payments.
How to Pay the Bill
Pay online: Customers can pay your Wells Fargo Auto bill online by visiting http://www.wellsfargodealerservices.com/Consumers/default.asp. Wells Fargo Auto does not charge a convenience fee when paying your bill online.
Automatic payment: Customers can have your Wells Fargo Auto bill automatically deducted from your checking or savings account on a monthly basis. Sign up on the website, complete the authorization form and return to:
Wells Fargo Dealer Services
P.O. Box 19733
Irvine, CA 92623-9733
Pay by mail: Customer can send your Wells Fargo Auto payment to:
Wells Fargo Auto Finance
P.O. Box 29704
Phoenix, AZ 85038-9704
Pay in person: Customer can pay your Wells Fargo Auto bill in person by visiting a local Western Union or MoneyGram location. You will need specific information when using these services.
- Western Union – Provide your Wells Fargo Auto account number and the Western Union city and state code.
- MoneyGram – Provide your account number and the four digit receive code (1812).
Pay by phone: Customer can pay your Wells Fargo Auto bill by phone by calling 1-800-289-8004. A convenience fee is applied to your payment.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
On a monthly basis, do you fully understand the charges on your Wells Fargo Auto billing statment or account? If you do not, we recommend visiting the Wells Fargo Auto FAQs. You may also want to contact customer service at 1-800-289-8004 for additional information concernig your billing statement or account.
How the Penalty Fees Work
Wells Fargo Auto charges fees for payments past 60 days. The fee is $25 or your minimum payment, whichever is less. If a late payment occurs again, the fee moves to $35 per occurrence.
I Can’t Make a Payment
In the event you cannot make a payment to your Wells Fargo Auto bill, there are options. Wells Fargo Auto offers customers the ability to change their due date or set up a payment agreement. If customers are active Military, you have the ability to terminate your loan altogether.
- Change due date – Customers wanting to change your payment due date must sign into your online account and request the change. If access to the online account is not permissible, call customer service at 1-800-289-8004. The customer service representative will direct the customer to the online application that must be completed and returned.
- Payment agreement – Customers wanting to set-up payment arrangement must call customer service at 1-800-289-8004.
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act – Service members that are deployed outside of the continental United States are allowed to terminate their Wells Fargo Auto loan. Upon completion of their tour of duty, the service member is not allowed to resume possession of the property.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did Wells Fargo Auto go above and beyond your expectations? Did customer service help you pay your Wells Fargo Auto bill? Leave us a comment so we can keep customers just like you informed.