What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your Withlacoochee River Electric Bill
Withlacoochee River Electric is an electric company with offices in Dade City, San Antonio, Shady Hill, Weeki Watchee and Lecanto, Florida. The cooperative is a non-profit organization. As is the case with all cooperative electric companies, consumers must apply for a spot in the coop. Coop members are part owners in the company. Withlacoochee River Electric offers information on:
- Solar Energy
- Hurricane Updates
- Education Support
How to Pay the Bill
Pay by mail: Customers should address payments to the main office and include the stub portion of the electric bill with payment for proper credit.
Withlacoochee River Electric
PO Box 100
Dade City, FL 33526-0100
Payment locations: Payment locations accept check, cash, money orders and credit/debit cards. Credit cards must be Visa or Mastercard. In-person payments can be made at the following locations:
- Corporate Office – 14651 21st St in Dade City
- One Pasco Center District – 30461 Commerce Dr in San Antonio
- Bayonet Point District – 12013 Hays Rd in Shady Hill
- West Hernando District – 10005 Cortez Blvd in Weeki Watchee
- Crystal River District – 5330 W Gulf-To-Lake Hwy in Lecanto
Electronic funds transfer: Customers must fill out an Electronic Funds Transfer authorization form and mail the form to the main office in Dade City. Bills will be deducted from your bank account each month until you request cancellation in writing.
Pay by credit or debit card: Customers can make a payment by phone through Withlacoochee River electric customer service. There is a $3.95 fee for making credit or debit card payments by phone.
Pay through your online bank: You can set up payment through your personal bank if the bank offers bill pay.
Pay online: You can pay your Withlacoochee River Electric bill online by visiting https://www.privatelabelcard.com/wrec/. There is a $3.95 service fee for making payment online. Only credit cards are accepted online.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
The Withlacoochee River Electric Cooperative clearly lists fees associated with membership and service on the Billing Information and Fees page. Customer service centers are located throughout the service district.
- One Pasco Center District: 1-352-588-5115
- Bayonet Point District: 1-727-868-9465
- West Hernando District: 1-352-596-4000
- Crystal River District: 1-352-795-4382
How the Penalty Fees Work
- Reconnection fee: $40 at time of reconnection after disconnection for non-payment.
- Reconnection fee after-hours: $75
- Security deposit: Two times the highest bill or $300 (higher amount of the two.) May be charged before reconnection.
- Additional deposit: May be required if service is discontinued for non-payment or payments are returned for insufficient funds.
- Returned check fee: Maximum allowed by Florida law.
- Late payment fee: 1.5% of the past due amount or $5.
- Collection fee: $25 per trip to collect payment and at time of disconnection.
I Can’t Make a Payment
If a coop member is unable to make the required payment on-time, they must call customer service. The agent we talked to told us there was a payment arrangement option to prevent disconnection, but information on the plan was only available to coop members. The phone number for the corporate office is 1-352-567-5133. Another payment assistance program available is LIHEAP. How to qualify for energy assistance with LIHEAP involves you contacting your local Department of Social Services office or National Energy Assistance Referral Project (NEAR) at 1-866-674-6327.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Withlacoochee River Electric seems to be a tight knit electric provider offering very little information on payment arrangements and energy assistance. If you have experience with this company, feel free to leave a comment or contact us.