What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your WSSC Bill
WSSC is one of the largest wastewater and water utility companies in the United States. More than 1.8 million residents in Montgomery and Prince George’s County receive service from WSSC. The mission of WSSC is to provide exceptional products and exemplary customer service. WSSC is committed to servicing the community and helping its customers when they are having financial difficulties.
How to Pay the Bill
WSSC provides several methods for customers to pay your bill. The available options include online bill payment, payments by mail, Western Union payments, mobile payments and in-person payments. The acceptable methods of payment include cash, credit cards, debit cards, check and electronic check.
Automatic deduction: The EZ pay option allows your financial institution to automatically deduct your WSSC bill payments from your checking or savings account.
Mobile payment: Customers with a Smartphone have the ability to pay your WSSC bill with the WSSC mobile application. You will need to enter your account information, personal information and payment information. There is a $3 service fee when using the mobile application.
Pay in person: Customers can pay your WSSC bill in person by visiting your local Suntrust Bank.
Pay by mail: Customers can pay your WSSC bill by sending payment to:
14501 Sweitzer Lane
Laurel, Maryland 20707
Western Union: Customers can pay your WSSC bill by using Western Union. Call 1-800-325-6000 to locate the nearest Western Union. When making payment, you will need your account information. You have the ability to make cash payments for an additional service fee of $12.95.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
WSSC wants customers to better understand service, rates and fees. The Frequently Asked Questions page explains account maintenance fees, dishonored check fees and credit chargeback fees. The customer service department phone number is 1-301-206-4001.
How the Penalty Fees Work
WSSC charges a wide variety of fees on a monthly and non-recurring basis.
- Returned check – $30 per instance
- Security deposit – $300 to $1800
- Connection – $125
- Late payment – 5%
I Can’t Make a Payment
WSSC offers customers that can’t pay your bill several options, including payment arrangements, payment extensions as well as information for third-party agencies.
- Payment arrangements – Customers that can’t pay your bill have the ability to make payment arrangements that fit your budget. Call customer service at 1-800-634-8400 and inquire about payment arrangements. This service is only available for current charges, not past due amounts. A late fee of 5% is applied to any portion of your bill that is paid past the due date.
- Payment extensions – WSSC allows customers that can’t pay your bill to extend the due date. The maximum amount of time allotted is seven days past the original due date.
- Third-party agencies – The Salvation Army is available to help WSSC customers. You can contact them at 301-277-6103 or 301-515-5354. The maximum amount awarded from The salvation Army is $300.
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Did WSSC help you pay your bill? We want to hear from customers just like you. Share your thoughts below.