What to Do When You Can’t Pay Your American Energy Bill
American Energy is a locally owned propane and gas company that services customers in Oregon. The specific markets serviced by American Energy include Clark, Washington, Multnomah and Clackamus counties. American Energy offers several sizes to either purchase or rent. The propane tank s are available above-ground or below ground. The sizes available:
- 124 gallon (above ground only)
- 250 gallon
- 500 gallon
- 1000 gallon
How to Pay Your Bill
Pay by mail: You can pay your bill by mail by sending payments to:
818 SW 3rd Ave. PMB 1489
Portland, OR 97204-2405
Automatic full: American Energy gives you the option to allow the company to service your propane tank. They ensure your tank is always filled. This option is for customers with tanks greater than 250 gallons. This is the most recommended option.
Will call: You request service from American Energy when the level of propane falls to 20% capacity. This allows American Energy to service you in between your regularly scheduled delivery.
Pay by phone: Payments by phone are processed through the main office. Call 1-503-285-9378 for Oregon customers and 1-360-695-1460 for Washington state customers. A service fee may be applied to the transaction.
Pay online: American Energy does not offer online payments at this time.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
American Energy is a small propane company in Portland. There are no online payment options, but the company does offer a FAQs section that answers questions about propane usage, safety and prices. For more information on fees, contact customer service at 1-503-285-9378 in Oregon and 1-360-695-1460 in Washington.
How the Penalty Fees Work
American Energy charges fees for security deposits, rental equipment, returned checks and late payments. A reconnection fee is applied to you in the event your service is disconnected.
I Can’t Make a Payment
Customers having difficulty paying their American Energy bill have the option to enroll in a payment plan.
- Level Pay Plan: You will need to be a customer for a minimum of one year and have a zero account balance. American Energy takes your previous 12 months purchases and fees and divides by 12. This amount is your average monthly payment. The amount could rise or lower depending on the amount of propane you use on a monthly basis. When we contacted American Energy the customer service agent would not discuss payment plans or other information regarding the company because we did not have an account with the company. There is no payment plan option listed on the official website for American Energy, but there may be a payment plan option available for good-standing customers having trouble paying their propane bill. Other options for overwhelming energy costs include:
- LIHEAP home energy assistance program
- State assistance programs
- Federal assistance programs
- Local energy programs
- Family assistance with energy bills
Will They Work With Me to Pay My Bill?
Does American Energy go above and beyond to help consumers pay their past due bills? Leave us a note describing your experience with American Energy.