What To Do When You Can’t Pay Your Columbia Gas Bill
Columbia Gas is a gas company serving Ohio. Depending on how your home is heated and which appliances use gas, your bill amount could fluctuate greatly from month to month, which can make it hard to budget, particularly if you are low income, or dealing with a temporary hardship. Here are a few things you can do if you are having trouble paying your Columbia Gas bill.
How To Pay The Bill
Columbia Gas bill pay works in several different ways. Customers have the option to pay their bills: online, via phone, by mail, in person, and through automatic bank draft.
- To pay your bill online:Login to your account and visit: http://www.columbiagasohio.com/en/your-business/payment-methods/pay-now.aspx. You can also use the BillMatrix service, but you will incur a processing fee of $2.45. You will have to use BillMatrix if you want to use a credit or debit card to make your payment online.
- To pay your bill over the phone:Ti make your payment by phone, call BillMatrix at: 1-866-694-1828. There will be a processing fee of $2.45 for making your payment this way. You can use either a credit or debit card, or an electronic check.
- To pay your bill by mail:Send your payment to:
Columbia Gas of Ohio, Inc.
P.O. Box 742510
Cincinnati, OH 45274-2510
- To pay your bill in person:Use this payment center locator to find the payment center locator near you.
- To pay your bill automatically through your bank account: Sign up for the ZipCheck service, provided free of charge by Columbia Gas.
Questions About Your Billing Statement or Account?
Columbia Gas customers can learn more about energy delivery charges from the Understanding Your Energy Delivery Bill page. There is also a Residential FAQs page with answers to commonly asked questions. Customer service agents can answer more detailed questions at 1-800-344-4077.
How The Penalty Fees Work
If you do not pay your Columbia Gas bill on time, you face late fees based on the amount of your bill. You may also face a fee to reconnect your service if it is turned off because you did not pay the bill or make an arrangement. You may incur a charge if your payment is denied from your bank.
I Can’t Make A Payment
If you are not able to make a Columbia gas bill payment on time, then you should call customer service at: as soon as you know you will not be able to make the payment. Do not wait until the payment due date to attempt to make payment arrangements. There are assistance programs available to help people who have trouble paying their bill, and there is a budget plan, which provides an average bill amount for a year. Contact customer service to learn more.
LIHEAP: There are times when no payment plan will resolve the financial issues you are currently experiencing. If you are having financial problems and need assistance paying your heating and cooling costs, the LIHEAP Home Energy Assistance Program is there to help. You must apply and prove financial need to qualify.
Will They Work With Me To Pay My Bill?
Are you a current customer of Columbia Gas? Did you previously have service with them? Share your experience with this company with our readers below by commenting on this article.